Export thread

Why bother?

A

AndyMan

Cleared out the driveway, with the help of the boys. Put away the snowblower. Went inside. Started the fire. Walked out to the driveway. It was already blown shut with snow.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Cleared out the driveway, with the help of the boys. Put away the snowblower. Went inside. Started the fire. Walked out to the driveway. It was already blown shut with snow.

I get the same feeling in the spring when the grass is growing like wildfire, my yard is so huge that by the time I get it all cut it's time to start again.....:laughing::laughing::thumbdown:

S

SallyA

I got the same feeling this winter. The need to clear the drive after getting it clear didn't happen quite that fast, but it snowed at least once a week. It seems like I spent the entire winter clearing the drive.

A

abeja_reina_1989

How frustrating! We've been pretty lucky where I live so I haven't had to deal with much snow at all, but I better not say that because I may cause it to happen:ashamed:

K

KennyV

I better not say that because I may cause it to happen:ashamed:

Right ... there is a lot of winter left... :smile:KennyV

rekees

rekees

As a general rule I don't attempt clearing until it stops snowing and the wind stops blowing. Just a waste of time to do otherwise.

L

LandN

I prefer to clean the drive often, rather than all at once. my hand made 4' wide pusher will clean up to 3" of light snow in 5min. or less,plus i enjoy being outside anyway 'almost' regardless of weather conditions.in fact yesterday i fired up the outside grill and cooked breakfast outdoors yum,yum.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I prefer to clean the drive often, rather than all at once. my hand made 4' wide pusher will clean up to 3" of light snow in 5min. or less,plus i enjoy being outside anyway 'almost' regardless of weather conditions.in fact yesterday i fired up the outside grill and cooked breakfast outdoors yum,yum.

I agree with you, it's better to clear snow in stages before it gets too deep to handle comfortably.

JDgreen

JDgreen

As a general rule I don't attempt clearing until it stops snowing and the wind stops blowing. Just a waste of time to do otherwise.

Look at the pic BGC posted under "I hate it when this happens" well that is what happens sometimes when you wait to clear the white stuff.

T

Tractor John

If it was up to me every one would have a snowmobile and/or snowcat and the hell with the snow.

G

greengrass

For me its mostly about exercise. I work all day long and sometimes all night long at a computer desk with my face starring into the monitor. If I can get up and get extra exercise apart of what I already do, then it helps me to be in a little better shape + I can play in the white fluffy stuff too. :)

E

EverGreen

You know another thing that is annoying is when you get the driveway all cleared and the stupid plow comes by and throws all that hard crap up on your drive. I swear he sits and waits for people to plow or shovel before coming down the street.

JDgreen

JDgreen

You know another thing that is annoying is when you get the driveway all cleared and the stupid plow comes by and throws all that hard crap up on your drive. I swear he sits and waits for people to plow or shovel before coming down the street.

I have two driveways that build up like that and I can tolerate that a lot better than when the (censored) hits and breaks my mailbox post...

D

david80

Guess snow removal is one thing we are lucky to avoid for the most part down here in the South. I am south of Atlanta so it's rare that we even get 2 or 3 inches that actually stick. We keep a couple of containers of ice melt or rock salt around and we are good to go. (Now watch will have a blizzard in April again):eek:

BGC

BGC

I understand what you mean though because having to redo something you just did can be extremely annoying. I know I get frustrated.

J

jross

Why take all the fun out of it? Nothing like blowing snow on a windy day to make you look like the abominable snowman. Enclosures are for wusses.