Who is doing a Raptor SD hydro oil change?

mooch91

Threads
Going in to my second season with my Raptor SD 54 and prepping the mower to get it ready. Just finished engine oil change and considering a hydro oil change. Who else is doing one? The service manual describes a complicated procedure (filling through the trans plug, bleeding), anyone have a good how-to, or find an easier way?

Also, which filter do you use? I cross-referenced the Hustler part number (600976) at Napa and found the Napa 400102 as a replacement.

Thanks!

Tta197

Threads
Going in to my second season with my Raptor SD 54 and prepping the mower to get it ready. Just finished engine oil change and considering a hydro oil change. Who else is doing one? The service manual describes a complicated procedure (filling through the trans plug, bleeding), anyone have a good how-to, or find an easier way?

Also, which filter do you use? I cross-referenced the Hustler part number (600976) at Napa and found the Napa 400102 as a replacement.

Thanks!

I bought the pair of Stens filters on eBay. They're made in the USA and don't have the check valve and cross reference the Hydrogear 52114 filter. Don't use an automotive filter with a check valve. You'll need between 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 quarts of oil. I filled mine using the reservoir, it's just a bit slow waiting for the reservoir to empty. Unscrew the Allen plug above the filter on each Hydrogear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 25

MRCo.

Threads
Seriously, your hydro system is more than $1000 to replace and you want to save a few bucks on the filters? Buy the right ones.

Tta197

Threads
Seriously, your hydro system is more than $1000 to replace and you want to save a few bucks on the filters? Buy the right ones.

Relax. I actually spent more for these filters than the actual Hydrogear filters. The Hydrogear filters are made in China and the Stens are made in the USA.

MRCo.

Threads
Poulan are made in the USA too. The OEM are rated for the correct flow, etc. where it's made is not important, what it does is.