Export thread

Which to choose?

C

clc014

Hey everyone, I have been doing a lot of research this week in efforts to replace my old Husqvarna YTH150.

I'm looking at a couple different options, these prices are all before tax

Gravely ZT HD 48 inch with FR Kaw Motor - $5,050 (52 inch is $5,199) - Dealer is 20 minutes away, is also a Bobcat dealer, but they are being out priced heavily by the dealers below
Bobcat XRZ PRO 48 with FX Kaw motor - $6,000 (two hour drive)
Bobcat XRZ 48 inch with FR Kaw Motor - $5,350 (45 minute drive)
Bobcat CRZ 48 inch with same FR motor as XRZ, but with subpar seat which would cost $400 to swap out, so we will say $4,450. (45 minute drive)

I have a flat backyard, about 1/4 acre, front is about half that. I will also probably be cutting around the neighborhood to try and offset the payments and cutting my grandmothers Acre yard now that I have a reliable mower.

Any suggestions or reviews? I'm going to have to put some money down either way to get the payments under $100 after taxes.

S

SaraheeWilson

Hi. As I replied in the other thread on this forum. "John Deere Z335E 42 in. 20 HP" turn Mower is the best product in the market. You must buy this one.

H

Honda Tech

Hey everyone, I have been doing a lot of research this week in efforts to replace my old Husqvarna YTH150.

I'm looking at a couple different options, these prices are all before tax

Gravely ZT HD 48 inch with FR Kaw Motor - $5,050 (52 inch is $5,199) - Dealer is 20 minutes away, is also a Bobcat dealer, but they are being out priced heavily by the dealers below
Bobcat XRZ PRO 48 with FX Kaw motor - $6,000 (two hour drive)
Bobcat XRZ 48 inch with FR Kaw Motor - $5,350 (45 minute drive)
Bobcat CRZ 48 inch with same FR motor as XRZ, but with subpar seat which would cost $400 to swap out, so we will say $4,450. (45 minute drive)

I have a flat backyard, about 1/4 acre, front is about half that. I will also probably be cutting around the neighborhood to try and offset the payments and cutting my grandmothers Acre yard now that I have a reliable mower.

Any suggestions or reviews? I'm going to have to put some money down either way to get the payments under $100 after taxes.

Personally, I'm a big Gravely fan. Great product with excellent support. If I was given a John Deere, I would sell it. Anyone that thinks JD builds the 'best' hasn't used anything else. I would also look for dealer support. No sense purchasing a Gravely or a Bobcat if there isn't a good dealer support in place. The Kawasaki FX engine is a big step up in quality over their FR series, but for your small yard, they'll still give you years of dependable service. Happy Mowing!

M

Mr. Ed

In the unlikely event that you haven't already pulled the trigger, I vote for the Gravely. I have that exact machine, and it's darn near perfect for me. The only shortcoming is that the seat isn't suspended, just sits on some springs. I added the Michigan 5300 seat, and now it's very comfortable.