which spark plug for 4.5 HP engine

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually the Y designates the plug as one of the new Pro-V line. That line replaced the older Commercial Series plugs. Same heat range as the regular plug...

Are you sure because I got it off the NGK spark plug chart, and that the two main plugs for the BRIGGS & STRATTON ENGINES are BR2-LM and the BCPR5ES

Will have to ask NGK sales rep when I see him...!

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
NGK for Honda and Champion or Torch for Briggs.:laughing:

Retiredcarguy

Threads
NGK is the best way to go for many engine applications, small and large.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Don't know if this link will work, but this is a page from NGK. On there, all of the plugs ending with a Y are the newer Pro-V. Basically looks like they took the regular V-Power plugs, and designed them for small engines. Maybe I'm misreading it, but that's what it looks like to me...

PROVChart2008.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Attachments

• PROVChart2008.jpg
    PROVChart2008.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is just a group of plugs under the name Pro-V if you look you will see that there is one in the list that ends with a E, on the NGK Horticultural, Agricultural and Industrial Applications chart (2012) it shows under the heading Firing End Construction, etc That Y = V-Grooved centre electrode with extra projection.

so I rest my case.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
That is just a group of plugs under the name Pro-V if you look you will see that there is one in the list that ends with a E, on the NGK Horticultural, Agricultural and Industrial Applications chart (2012) it shows under the heading Firing End Construction, etc That Y = V-Grooved centre electrode with extra projection.

so I rest my case.

I must apologize for that. I confused your post from Davisrf where he was wondering if the Y may mean a hotter plug.

L8R,
Matt

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Numbers are used for the heat rating...!

Attachments

• heat rating ngk.jpg
    heat rating ngk.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 7