Export thread

Which oil ?

B

beretta22

ZTX5 ZT740 Kohler. Changing break in oil in about 2 hrs of break in time left. Thoughts on which oil to use ?

shurguywutt

shurguywutt

10w30 if you mow where it gets cold. If you live in the south (100*+ right now) I run SAE 30 all day.

I have a KT725.

M

MParr

Being in the Deep South, I like Rotella T5 15W40 or 10W40 motorcycle oil.

B

Born2Mow

► Choice of engine oil is based on the ambient temperature in the area, with considerations for your cooling system type.

• It's been in the 90°F+ range for the last 8 weeks here in Georgia, so I'm running 15W50 in my well broken-in, air-cooled V-twin mower. I'll go back to 10W30 when cooler autumn temps get here.

• If my mower was water-cooled, then the operating range of the oil would be controlled by the radiator's thermostat, not the heated air. So I'd be using 10W30 all year round.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

IMO, you can't go wrong with 10W-30 full synthetic which is fine at just about any temperature.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I'd run Kohler 10W30

M

MParr

Kohler 10W30 is a very robust oil and is formulated for small engines. They contain nearly twice the zinc and phosphorus content of passenger car oils.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Kohler 10W30 is a very robust oil and is formulated for small engines. They contain nearly twice the zinc and phosphorus content of passenger car oils.
Kohler and Kawasaki KTECH are all i use for 4 cycle air cooled