Where to post leaf blower issues?

joea99

Threads
Got a Craftsman leaf blower that sat for years. Could not pull the cords. It was packed with mouse house debris and when cleaned out a bit, could pull it but it would stick, hard.

Pulled the plug and it would pull, cleaning out a lot more debris, nothing out of the spark plug hole. But, with the plug in and seated, it sticks at what I presume is TDC.

Suggestions?

model 358.797251

Tiger Small Engine

Threads

Remove spark plug and put some PB Blaster, and/or 2-stroke pre-mix oil into spark plug hole. Slowly pull recoil rope and see if you can get engine to go through full range of motion. Once it is rotating fine, insert spark plug.

joea99

Threads
Remove spark plug and put some PB Blaster, and/or 2-stroke pre-mix oil into spark plug hole. Slowly pull recoil rope and see if you can get engine to go through full range of motion. Once it is rotating fine, insert spark plug.

It pulls fine without the plug in it. After I cleared out all the mouse house debris.

Only with the plug installed does it "hang hard" at some point in the pull. I can get past it, just very hard to. If you ever tried to start a reluctant chain saw, or maybe any 2 stroke, there are times something like that happens, or it "tries to break you arm" when pulling.

joea99

Threads
Went ahead and replaced the fuel lines, filter, bulb and cleaned the carb, installing new "diaphragms" and gaskets. Had to buy a sheet of Uni Filter foam and cut what I needed as the OEM is not available. Went with Uni oil. Man that stuff is thick.

So, it did start pretty easily and seems to run. Sort of. Kind of fussy and does not want to stay running. New Champion plug, gap .025. I do have a new NGK I might try.

It is 30 degrees outside and the mix is a couple months old. Stihl oil at 50 to 1. Smokes a bit when running.

Pretty sure I got the carb together correctly, but, don't have much to go on.