Export thread

where to get Stihl parts online?

javjacob

javjacob

Where can I get Stihl parts besides the Stihl dealer? I am also curious if there is a parts schematic for Stihl equipment? I have done searches and found nothing.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Need more information. What you working on,what model ,what parts you looking for.Best advice I have is go to a dealer. One you can talk to in person .

Carscw

Carscw

eBay just search your model number.

javjacob

javjacob

I have a FS94R string trimmer I am thinking about getting a steel shaft from a FS90R for it. If the price is right I might buy one and try it. I think the FS94R is the perfect balance of power and weight but only comes with a cable shaft.

Carscw

Carscw

I have a FS94R string trimmer I am thinking about getting a steel shaft from a FS90R for it. If the price is right I might buy one and try it. I think the FS94R is the perfect balance of power and weight but only comes with a cable shaft.

And what is the problem with the cable shaft ?

Boobala

Boobala

Where can I get Stihl parts besides the Stihl dealer? I am also curious if there is a parts schematic for Stihl equipment? I have done searches and found nothing.

You will NOT find much on Stihl products parts / pricelists on line, excepting the Stihl homesite. They are captive on their products, forcing us to go to a dealer . Lately I have seen Stihl products in some big-box stores, but I dont know about the quality of those models. I have many Stihl trimmer and a few chainsaw parts manuals, but not for the FS 94R . I cant post them on this site because of their size. Even if I could, Stihl ... would in their magical mystery ways would take them down. ( BASTARDS ) Send me your e-mail ( in a message on this site ) and I will send you a link to a different model if you so desire, I have an FS 90R and I love it .....GREAT MACHINE !! Best of luck with which ever machine you decide upon ............ Boobala ......:smile:

javjacob

javjacob

A steel shaft is more durable than a cable shaft. I have seen several people talking about the idea of putting a solid shaft in the FS94 but nobody has done it and I can see why now. I was thinking I would be the one who tries it first as I have done on other things as well to let others know how it works and what I had to do to make it work. The way this looks I think I will just forget the idea.
Thanks for all the info to all of those who helped. I will just leave the 94 as it is.

Carscw

Carscw

Have never had or heard of anyone having the cable break. But then again I do not use stihl

javjacob

javjacob

I doubt they have any issues with breaking but that wasn't the point anyway. You apparently are not the kind of person who likes to modify or experiment with projects though so you wont understand.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I doubt they have any issues with breaking but that wasn't the point anyway. You apparently are not the kind of person who likes to modify or experiment with projects though so you wont understand.

Do you see his avatar. LOL you do not know him.

Carscw

Carscw

I will do this swap this weekend since I know how to do it. Should take about 2 beers. It's not like it is complicated.

javjacob

javjacob

I never implied it was complicated. I started this thread to see if I could buy the parts online which I now know I can't. I don't like dealing with the local dealer so I will have to go to the next dealer which is 30 miles away. Just didn't think I would get shot down by a fellow gear head.

Boobala

Boobala

I never implied it was complicated. I started this thread to see if I could buy the parts online which I now know I can't. I don't like dealing with the local dealer so I will have to go to the next dealer which is 30 miles away. Just didn't think I would get shot down by a fellow gear head.

I did forget to mention E=bay where there are some Stihl parts available, my recent experience with 2 different sellers though,was very undesireable. the 2 I bought from is (proven parts) & (small engine warehouse ) REMEMBER : be sure they have a valid e-mail address & phone # read about their shipping & return policy CUSTOMER SERVICE is sometimes non-existant or piss-poor at the very least, e-bay is my LAST choice. I live in the Ocala, National Forest, and my closest ride to a mower shop is about 28 miles, so I know your pain....... Regards, Boobala .....:rolleyes:

Carscw

Carscw

Go to a small repair shop and buy used stuff.

javjacob

javjacob

I will avoid eBay if at all possible. I have only bought from eBay a few times to get parts that are discontinued. I think my best bet would be to buy a used fs90r and just swap parts.