Wheel horse C-165

Jwright

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower will only run when its hooked up to jumper cables or charger pack....help

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I brought up a picture of you tractor on the web and it looks like a Kohler magnum engine? Also it shows a picture of a external coil like what would be on a car engine. Seeing this style coil I am going to say that the engine doesn't have a magneto but gets its spark from a external coil, and a set of ignition points with a condenser which would get its charge from a external source like a battery. So this engine won't run without a battery.

Jwright

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is indeed a Kohler 16hp. I do have a battery that I have fully charged. But it still won't do any thing without being on the charger. Not even try to turn over.....

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If that is the case you have a bad connection, Bad or dirty cable ends, bad battery cables, solenoid, dirty battery terminals, something you will have to look for? If your battery is fully charged you aren't getting full amperage to you starter for a reason. Now don't forget you have two different types of electric going to your starter. They are called positive and negative voltage and you need both of them in order for things to work like your starter.