What time does everyone start their day?

BHLC

Threads
Don't see anything wrong with flexing the time with him starting late and working late. Some people are early risers and some are not. I'd be more worried if he wasn't pulling his weight.

Most of the time he does, very occasionally I finish and end up going to help him out. Not a big deal, it is bound to happen every now and again

LoCo86

Threads
I can't seem to get my business partner to get on the road before 9am. Drives me nuts because I'm gone by 6:30 on the first job at 7. Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?

For residential clients I arrive at the first job and have blades spinning @9am and finish up the last job around 5pm. When I used to do commercial properties I would do those after 5pm due to there being no cars in the parking lot, which creates less of a liability, and makes it easier for parking lot clean up.

Nwatson99

Threads
With mowing my place the minute the dew lifts I am deck down and rolling.
When I worked and lived in Ohio I had a company come every week for my place 3/4 acre, but they had instructions do not mow my yard if it was wet period, no rain or dew was on my grass when they began to mow.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Problem I have with dew is that it doesn't go away until around 11am or 12noon I can't wait that long to now gotta keep blades Sharp and deck and bag clean. 7 am until 5ish I don't take lunch breaks I eat between jobs.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Problem I have with dew is that it doesn't go away until around 11am or 12noon I can't wait that long to now gotta keep blades Sharp and deck and bag clean. 7 am until 5ish I don't take lunch breaks I eat between jobs.

I snack all day and get on here between jobs.

Been cutting all day today in a light rain. Trailer is full of grass clipping that fell off the deck.

I hate cutting wet grass over a foot tall.
Works the mower to hard. Had a rod let go today. First briggs that has ever failed on me.
. Good thing I had the old snapper with me as a back up

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most people here in the sub-divisions are up and out the door between 7:00am and 7:30am for there work day so I try to be mowing by 7:30am whether the help is with me or not. If I know the help is coming then they just have to play catch up, if I know there not coming to work then I do everything that needs to be done before moving to the next client. I just figure if they don't show up it's just one more day I don't have to pay them.

X-man

Threads
I get my equipment out of the shed and ready by 7AM and I get started by 8AM. I would start by 7:30 but park rules won't allow noise until 8.

I usually do all my work done for the park first, then my customers. Mostly because of the dew, my push mowers like to clog up when the grass is wet, my tractor mows wet grass like it's nothing.