What RPM should my Raptor be at for no more stringers?

cell6ida

Threads
  • / What RPM should my Raptor be at for no more stringers?
I put an ad-on tachometer on my 42" Raptor. I have noticed that even with freshly sharpened blades I am still getting an occasional uncut blade of grass. I've heard that may be caused buy my RPMs not being as high as they should be. My Raptor has 11 hours on it, and the RPMs read about 3200. Is that what they should read?

If not how do I adjust them higher?

Thanks

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I put an ad-on tachometer on my 42" Raptor. I have noticed that even with freshly sharpened blades I am still getting an occasional uncut blade of grass. I've heard that may be caused buy my RPMs not being as high as they should be. My Raptor has 11 hours on it, and the RPMs read about 3200. Is that what they should read?

Thanks

The problem isn't engine rpm. Possibly blade rpm because of incorrect belt tension but not engine rpm. Other, too fast travel, deck adjustment, combination blades to name a few.

gfp55

Threads

Thanks

Kawasaki's specs say the max RPM should be 3600 RPMs for the 21.5 Kaw motor. If you blades are not bent, twisted, dull or the deck is not out of alignment and if the tires all have the same air pressure so the machine is level, etc. then you should be getting a good cut. Hustler says you should be able to run at 6.5 MPH. You say that the RPMs are too low at 3200 RPMs. Maybe someone here knows how to increase the engine RPMs, if not maybe you could try another forum.