Export thread

What is the cost of a Scag oil filter?

JGGMC

JGGMC

I see Scag oil filters on ebay for 28.00 and up. Whats the deal? I guess nobody uses Scag brand filters.

JGGMC

JGGMC

jekjr

jekjr

Don't remember how much we paid for them but that looks like a hydraulic filter. Still seems high though.

M

Mad Mackie

To my knowledge there is no good direct cross reference for the Scag hydraulic oil filter. That being said, if you feel that $28.00 is too much money for an"oil filter", check out the prices of pumps and wheel motors for Scag ZTRs and then look back at $28.00 for a Scag hydraulic oil filter!

JGGMC

JGGMC

I was looking for an oil filter for the Kawasaki engine. I guess it will be a Kawasaki filter not a Scag filter.

jekjr

jekjr

I was looking for an oil filter for the Kawasaki engine. I guess it will be a Kawasaki filter not a Scag filter.

My dealer has Kawasaki and I think they stock the Oregon Oil Filters as well. I have never seen a cross for the Hydraulic Oil filter. I am going to have to buy some before too long though.

That filter even says it's a hydro filter. Kawasaki ENGINE oil filters usually run me about $12. Pricing may vary in your area tho.

B

bertsmobile1

My dealer has Kawasaki and I think they stock the Oregon Oil Filters as well. I have never seen a cross for the Hydraulic Oil filter. I am going to have to buy some before too long though.

oil filters get changed a lot so it is profitable for aftermarket companies to make them and for owners to use them.
Hydro filters might get changed every 5 years ( if then) so the demand for them is not high enough to bother making an aftermarket filter.

Hydraulic filters are really tricky cause flow rate is very imports as is back pressure & bypass pressure, let alone the micron rating of the media used.
Stens , oregon & Rotary market a range of hydro filters, usually from the OEM but you can not get them from a Scag dealer as the franchise agreements usually prohibit fitting aftermarket parts and reps are really good at spotting them on the shelves when they call by.
A franchise is worth a lot more to the owner than $ 2.50 extra profit on a filter they only sell 1/2 dozen of a season.

P

P7K3

I would imagine a hydro filter kit from this place would suffice, http://www.hydro-gear.com, from what I see, it looks like they are the OEM.

oil filters get changed a lot so it is profitable for aftermarket companies to make them and for owners to use them.
Hydro filters might get changed every 5 years ( if then) so the demand for them is not high enough to bother making an aftermarket filter.

Hydraulic filters are really tricky cause flow rate is very imports as is back pressure & bypass pressure, let alone the micron rating of the media used.
Stens , oregon & Rotary market a range of hydro filters, usually from the OEM but you can not get them from a Scag dealer as the franchise agreements usually prohibit fitting aftermarket parts and reps are really good at spotting them on the shelves when they call by.
A franchise is worth a lot more to the owner than $ 2.50 extra profit on a filter they only sell 1/2 dozen of a season.

B

bertsmobile1

I would imagine a hydro filter kit from this place would suffice, http://www.hydro-gear.com, from what I see, it looks like they are the OEM.

YEp I would trust them to be top quality.
They made the tranny and thus it is in their interest for the kit to be good so the tranny works well.

JGGMC

JGGMC

That filter even says it's a hydro filter. Kawasaki ENGINE oil filters usually run me about $12. Pricing may vary in your area tho.
what do you think I need to change the hydraulic filter before the first motor oil change on my new Scag?

Don't understand your question ?