What do the pros think about using canopies on your equipment?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What do the pros think about using canopies on your equipment?
Shade is for sissies :laughing:

I resemble that remark...but don't consider myself a sissie:0)

Actually, the bimini sunshade was the first add-on I bought for my Gravely. I had one on my 2006 Craftsman lawn tractor too. I agree it is a stupid option for commercial mowers but for a homeowner who knows his property(including any low-hanging tree branches) there's nothing better on a 90 degree day in July to be mowing my yard with a Michelob Ultra in an insulated cup holder and my sunshade keeping me from having to lather my body with SPF 50 sunscreen to keep from getting Melanoma!!!

P.S.
I'm still working on perfecting the art of taking a sip of beer whilst steering my ZTR one-handed:0)
It was a LOT easier with a lawn tractor!!!

P.S.S.
Just in case any of you other sissies are curious, below is a link to the RhinoHide website(they actually show a Gravely on their home webpage:0)

RhinoHide Tractor canopies by Sun Guard LLC

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I a zero on a big property and not using it commercially I would definately have one... Can't imagine those on a trailer doing 70 ... And one could argue to fold or take down but that would be one more thing to do... Time is money

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I resemble that remark...but don't consider myself a sissie:0) Actually, the bimini sunshade was the first add-on I bought for my Gravely. I had one on my 2006 Craftsman lawn tractor too. I agree it is a stupid option for commercial mowers but for a homeowner who knows his property(including any low-hanging tree branches) there's nothing better on a 90 degree day in July to be mowing my yard with a Michelob Ultra in an insulated cup holder and my sunshade keeping me from having to lather my body with SPF 50 sunscreen to keep from getting Melanoma!!! P.S. I'm still working on perfecting the art of taking a sip of beer whilst steering my ZTR one-handed:0) It was a LOT easier with a lawn tractor!!! P.S.S. Just in case any of you other sissies are curious, below is a link to the RhinoHide website(they actually show a Gravely on their home webpage:0) RhinoHide Tractor canopies by Sun Guard LLC

I am just going to say COWBOY UP
There are no sissies allowed in lawn care.

To solve your problem with drunk mowing and dropping the beer on turns. Just get one of them hats holds two beers with a straw. So hands free drinking.

Now to be honest I would get one if it was not for the low limbs and taking it off after every yard.

I am getting some safety glasses. I hit a rock it hit a tree then my eye. Don't worry I am ok. Was just a little bit of blood.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I a zero on a big property and not using it commercially I would definately have one... Can't imagine those on a trailer doing 70 ... And one could argue to fold or take down but that would be one more thing to do... Time is money

Yep, you are right...I didn't mention the hassle when transporting the ZTR!!! I plan on taking the sunshade off of my ROPS if I have to trtailer it.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am just going to say COWBOY UP
There are no sissies allowed in lawn care.

To solve your problem with drunk mowing and dropping the beer on turns. Just get one of them hats holds two beers with a straw. So hands free drinking.

Now to be honest I would get one if it was not for the low limbs and taking it off after every yard.

I am getting some safety glasses. I hit a rock it hit a tree then my eye. Don't worry I am ok. Was just a little bit of blood.

WOW...makes me consider some safety glasses(although I always wear sunglasses, but they wouldn't offer a lot of protection). Coulda took out an eye.....glad you're OK!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW...makes me consider some safety glasses(although I always wear sunglasses, but they wouldn't offer a lot of protection). Coulda took out an eye.....glad you're OK!!!

They make nice sunglasses safety glasses... These are mine edge brand cost $15 love them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140428_201937.png
    ForumRunner_20140428_201937.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 5

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I wear glasses do I can see but the rocks seam to find away around them.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wear glasses do I can see but the rocks seam to find away around them.

Always under my right eye. I've tried quite a few different pairs of glasses and the weed wacker always finds that one tiny pebble that seems to go directly under the glasses and into my right eye.