Export thread

what a week

beg

beg

picked up two silver series 10332's a l21pzm and a craftsman edger all for under 100.00 and onw of the 10323's had the bagger and chute.both the silver's needed coils but run great.the l21zpm ran good when I picked it up but I must have knocked some dirt from the tank into the carb when I put ti in my car because it surges a little now.the edger needed a float and a bowl gasket it now works like new.I now have 22 lawnboys and hope to get a few more before winter sets in.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

It sounds great up there in Lawn-Boy Heaven (also known as the mid-west :cool: ). LBs are much scarcer down here in the south but at least we have a have a longer mowing season.

J

JohnBoy1

I'd give them all a good carb cleaning and new lines. The ethanol eats the lines from the inside out and cause alot of the problems with carb problems and contaminants. Put you a good filter on it and I run star tron fuel treatment to fight the ethanol and haven't had any problem with since.

Attachments

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I'd give them all a good carb cleaning and new lines. The ethanol eats the lines from the inside out and cause alot of the problems with carb problems and contaminants. Put you a good filter on it and I run star tron fuel treatment to fight the ethanol and haven't had any problem with since.

Newer fuel lines (a generic part) don't have the problem with ethanol. If a fuel line isn't flexible it should be replaced. If you work on a lot of mowers, chainsaws, etc (as I do) it's worth it to buy fuel line by the roll. It's much, much cheaper.

J

JohnBoy1

I don't work on small engines as a income more of a hobby. I'm a professional engine builder for a caterpillar and International for my full time job. Maybe it's just Georgia must have better fuel then what we get then.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I don't work on small engines as a income more of a hobby. I'm a professional engine builder for a caterpillar and International for my full time job. Maybe it's just Georgia must have better fuel then what we get then.

I'm just a hobbyist as well. When I fix up a mower that I really like (and I don't buy it if I don't like it)... I can't stand to part with it. :laughing:

I think the percentage of ethanol in gas at the pump varies by state. In Georgia, the pumps I use have a sticker saying that the maximum is 10%.

J

JohnBoy1

I'm in the same boat as you on buying them. Now the wife says if I buy one more i sleep with them in the barn lol. I hide them at dads now lmao. Most small places here have them marked 15%. Model airplane dope works great to recoat the floats. It very well may be old stock line laying in the shops. I have a close friend that has been a Lawnboy mechanic for 40years. I'm gonna look in to some viton rubber products, I use them on the 7.3idi builds to help with the ulsd fuel. Il ask are supplier for it and let you guys know what they say.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I'm in the same boat as you on buying them. Now the wife says if I buy one more i sleep with them in the barn lol. I hide them at dads now lmao. Most small places here have them marked 15%. Model airplane dope works great to recoat the floats. It very well may be old stock line laying in the shops. I have a close friend that has been a Lawnboy mechanic for 40years. I'm gonna look in to some viton rubber products, I use them on the 7.3idi builds to help with the ulsd fuel. Il ask are supplier for it and let you guys know what they say.

Could you talk him into joining this forum?

J

JohnBoy1

Yea I can ask him to. The knowledge he has to offer along with the three barns of nos parts would come in handy. Dang there goes my private toy store lmao we could keep the boys alive for generations then.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Yea I can ask him to. The knowledge he has to offer along with the three barns of nos parts would come in handy. Dang there goes my private toy store lmao we could keep the boys alive for generations then.

Wow... does he realize he could make a good chunk of change selling that stuff on eBay?

Maybe you shouldn't tell him. :laughing:

K

kmeche

I'm just a hobbyist as well. When I fix up a mower that I really like (and I don't buy it if I don't like it)... I can't stand to part with it. :laughing:

I think the percentage of ethanol in gas at the pump varies by state. In Georgia, the pumps I use have a sticker saying that the maximum is 10%.
I have some REALLY bad news for you guys. My job is Instrumentation Engineering and Consulting in Oil Refineries in South Louisiana. Recently went to a refining course in Houston for Continuing Education credits. Found out that the station owner is the one that adds the Ethanol, it isn't blended in at Conoco, Citgo, Valero etc. Random test have been done, and not ONE of the gas stations had levels less than 20% (some up to 40). In no way can you ever trust that sticker that says less than 10%, because it is a lie. Ethanol is like water, it's cheap and it makes profit for the owner because it is adds cheap volume to what you are buying. Many places here only sell true gasoline, that is where I get fuel. Ethanol has been proven to reduce engine life by 40% in modern engines. Yes, the statement is true. Do the research and find out for yourself. Hope this helps, wish I would have known this 5 years ago. Ford 6.8 V-10 engines cost $7,600. Found that out the hard way!

beg

beg

Picked up 4 lawnboy f models for parts this weekend in Iowa for $6.00 the bad news I had to take the Craftsman too.Had to let a duraforce silver series go too The wife said I dont need nine of the same mower.Eight is enough.