Export thread

Weed-eaters

R

ReggieDeere

What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:

BKBrown

BKBrown

I have the Stihl Kombi System -
http://www.stihl.com/isapi/default.asp?contenturl=/knowhow/producttechnics/stihl-geraete/combisystem/default.htm

It has a number of attachments - I like the hedge trimmer head that works like a sickle bar and does not throw the grass clippings all over - Nice if you have poison ivy or oak.

J

jpalasek

Stihl. EZ Start . Light weight and balanced.

rekees

rekees

Can't go wrong with Stihl. I have a John Deere that has been trouble free for years. Only thing I don't like about it is the nylon shoulder strap that cuts into the side of my neck. So whatever brand you decide on be sure to get a padded shoulder strap.

M

Muhammad

Another vote for Stihl. I beat one to what I figured was death for about 10 years and it still ran strong.

B

Berniep

My vote is for echo. Mine has been put through the wringer. I out a circular saw blade on it and use it for clearing saplings and heavy briars. Works great, cuts them right down to the ground. Any string trimming that it sees is usuall very overgrown stuff inthe woods or fence rows. I have been very happy with it. I have just kept the shaft lubed and replaced the air filter and that's about it.

B

bmwe0692

I have heard that a herd of goats will be the the best EATER of grass!!

My wifes choice is a Black and Decker battery operated WEED TRIMMER, 18.5 volt home owner style.

I also have two extra batteries for it, they interchange with my 3/8 b&d drill.

T.J.

K

KennyV

Echo... gas power:smile:. The best I have ever came across....KennyV

J

jimbo64

What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:

had a stihl for 22 years=now have a new hUSKVARNA straight shaft---much lighter-really like so far:thumbsup:

M

Mr. Paul

Redmax had a Stihl and just did not like it. I also like the commercial aspect of the Redmax. It should last me a very long time.

J

JimmyWeb

Stihl huh? It sounds like that is everyone's weed-eater of choice. I need to get one for my yard, I think I'll take everyone's advice. If I can get 10 years out of mine I'll be happy.:thumbsup:

Another vote for Stihl. I beat one to what I figured was death for about 10 years and it still ran strong.