Export thread

Weed eater one

Craftsman13

Craftsman13

What do you think about the weed eater one?:smile:

K

KennyV

Looks like a light, small rear engine rider... Likely okay for smallish yard work... What price do they sell at?? :smile:KennyV

J

jamesslcx

I often wondered if one would be handy because it would be really manuverable, a lady I worked with bought one at wallyworld and she loves it, she said she mows about one acre. She paid about 650 for hers, our 10 percent disc. saved her sales tax .

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

There junk don't buy one. I have had nothing but problems with it. I should have set my money on fire than bought one. Search my posts, for the issues.

Craftsman13

Craftsman13

They sell for about 700 dollars:smile:

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

They sell for about 700 dollars:smile:

Buy at your own risk:eek:

J

jamesslcx

Thats true Walleteater1, like everything else quality is hit or miss these days! Unless you pay a premium price and then the odds change a bit.

Craftsman13

Craftsman13

So it's just hit or miss on which one you get. Or are most of them bad??

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

I admit, when I bought it I was blinded by the price. I think that's what there counting on to sell this machine. After really spending some time with it, it is both bad in design and just cheap in construction. You get what you pay for. I learned my lesson. You guys do what you want.
Regards.

J

jamesslcx

Hello Craftsman 13, well I worked at a Wal-Mart and we sold several Weedeater 1's and we had a few returned over time because of problems, some of the problems were the mowers fault but it seemed liked most were due to customer fault or neglect or just lack of common sense...it seemed one customer forgot to add oil. Now on the other hand most of the customers were happy with them and they exceeded their expectations...but as usual you ask ten different people you get ten different answers but most will say "they don't make em like they used to" or "you get what you pay for". Myself if I still worked there I might buy one of the returns or a used one if the price was right because it would be something different and if it were bad well I enjoy working on mowers.:smile:

J

jamesslcx

Walleteater1 thanks for your advice and I value it highly, it's always good to hear a good honest opinion based on actual experience!

Craftsman13

Craftsman13

Thanks guys it's good to obtain knowledge from people with experience with this mower.

J

JimR

Purchased July 2010 to mow 1/2 acre, slightly hilly, with cyclone fence across part - hence need for narrow deck. Loved the idea it was assembled in U.S., but evidently by morons. Issues in last 3 months: 2 leaky innertubes, reverse doesn't always work, electric start quit, hard steering. Took it to authorized dealer 2 wks ago...diagnosis: blown head gasket, drive disc needs replacing, steering linkage bent, all estimated at $450. Still under warranty but dealer says attempt to get reimbursement from Weed-eater is like pulling teeth. Never again.

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

I took mine to 2 authorized dealers and they got reimbursed. Either Weedeater are now dragging their feet beacuse this junk machine is banktrupting them or your repair guy is playing both sides of the fence or simply doesn't want to work on this junk anymore. Good Luck.

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

Weedeater one assemblers

Attachments

Parkmower

Parkmower

I thought that was Robert brown and his sister???

I

ILENGINE

Purchased July 2010 to mow 1/2 acre, slightly hilly, with cyclone fence across part - hence need for narrow deck. Loved the idea it was assembled in U.S., but evidently by morons. Issues in last 3 months: 2 leaky innertubes, reverse doesn't always work, electric start quit, hard steering. Took it to authorized dealer 2 wks ago...diagnosis: blown head gasket, drive disc needs replacing, steering linkage bent, all estimated at $450. Still under warranty but dealer says attempt to get reimbursement from Weed-eater is like pulling teeth. Never again.

Have filed hundreds of claims with poulan and ayp both over the last 11 years and have never had a problem getting paid. Usually within 2 weeks of summission. All claims are filed online with no problems whatsoever.

J

jamesslcx

If I was a prof. repair man as long as I was getting paid I would turn nobody away no matter what the mower.:thumbsup:

M

mowitall.cl

Much better unit same size is snapper rear engine rider can get manual start to save money but tuff as nails easy to work on and basically same since 80's

O

oldsailor

hey gang, i bought one of these a couple of years ago. my hips won't take the punishment of mowing any longer. researched this little unit fairly well and thought it would really suit my needs and stay within my budget. now i'm looking into trying to rebuild the transmission myself, but fear that my wife will roll her eyes, again, and i should wisely trade it in...if anyone will take it. ha. have had the usual number of reported problems, the very best thing about this mower is that it has a bullet proof briggs&stratton engine and a pretty good seat. in a nutshell...just snake oil.

C

CZLawnCare

When my weedeater one's transmission went it took over 2 months just to recieve the piece from weedeater my advice to you is to try and sell it for parts because due to its reputation its worth more as parts then as a unit. Imbcurrently trying to sell mine and its a more vigorous task then mowing the lawn!:p

Parkmower

Parkmower

I just recently saw one sitting outside at Kmart. Must not sold over summer. So are they going to try and sell it as a new mower this spring?

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

Looks like a clown mower. I hear they are junk.