Walker mdg with kubota no spark

Tarno80

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a walker mdg with a kubota wg750 3 cylinder that died on me. There is no spark but it will turn over. The distributor is near impossible to get to. Anyone had this issue and know of anything else that would kill the spark to try before i have to take it all apart?

Lafuse

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a walker mdg with a kubota wg750 3 cylinder that died on me. There is no spark but it will turn over. The distributor is near impossible to get to. Anyone had this issue and know of anything else that would kill the spark to try before i have to take it all apart?
Wish I had an answer, I’m battling the same issue. Trying to remove the distributor for bench testing & what’s up with this round nut holding the distributor??

Tarno80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out it was just the coil. Whoops

BigBand

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having the same problem.

Kubota WG750-E Walker.

Mower dies while in the middle of leaf cleanup. Yikes! :rolleyes:

Looking it over in the shop, it gets only one spark when I try to start it,
then no more spark. Spark coil is good. Plugs are clean and gapped.

I removed the carb to get down to the distributor, and got the cap off.
My guess at this time is the spark ignitor, which is in the base of the
distributor.

My distributor is held down with some kind of a round fastener.

Kubota Distributor.jpg
The ignitor is the black module near the top of the distributor base.
The two wires coming out of the ignitor go straight to the coil (which is working) so
I'm thinking it might be the ignitor.

But,
1 - how the heck do I get a tool on that round fastener, to remove the distributor?
2 - Is there some way to test the ignitor? That's a pretty expensive assembly, and
I'd like to know for sure if it's faulty.

and ..... the darn leaves are still falling!

Lafuse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been on that road. The bolt for the distributor is a socket (Allen Head). That center hole is threaded, put a screw in there & knock it out. That reveals the socket head. 5 or 6mm. The first time I fixed a Wg750 the cap, wires & plugs solved the no spark issue. Next time I worked on it I had a weak spark ignition coil ohmed a little low but it did have spark. Not even starting fluid would fire the motor.
Finally took the coil to 3 different auto parts shops. Autozone pulled one off the shelf & said this should work, he then ohmed mine & said it was good. $36 later the Wg fired up. I did pull the distributor & found it to be good (see uTube). The distributor in mine was extremely hard to get to. GOOD LUCK !!

BigBand

Forum Newbie
Threads
So that's just a cover that is placed on top of the 'real' bolt head? Sounds like the factory doesn't want it messed with.
I'll try removing the cover - thanks!