Export thread

WALKER GHS WON'T STAY RUNNING

M

Miller's

I have a 1998 Walker ghs with a Kohler 20hp command. It will not stay running. I was mowing and disengaged the deck to dump the grass from the hopper. Although after dumping the grass I went back to my location to finish mowing but while driving I engaged the deck (like always), this time the mower stalled. I've tried numerous of times to start it again but it would start for a few seconds then die. I got back to the garage (figure out the issue) and decided that it must be the carburetor since it would stay running as long as I kept spraying fuel into the carb. So I bought another carb and replaced it several days later. But it is still doing the same thing. Now I am thinking it is some electrical issue or sensor. Any help would very much appreciated.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Try here it is the exploded parts and wiring. page 60 or so for the wiring. It shows a carb shut of solenoid, and a fuel pump. Maybe one of those.
http://www.walkermowers.com/manuals/mowers/model-md-manuals/7000-2_pub.pdf

Fish

Fish

post the engine's model and spec numbers

M

Miller's

Model # "CH20S"

Spec # "54554" or "64554" the first number is not clear

D

duramaxv8

is their something jamed or seized up on the blades that would stall the engine out when trying to engauge them