Video: ExMark Lazer CT Kohler 18 Won't Turn Over

robertmspeakout

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I posted this in small engine repair but could not get any response. I have a Exmark Lazer CT (Model# LCT4818KC) with a Kolher Pro 18. I am unable to get the mower to turn over for some reason. I moved it about a month ago and it was fine. When I went to move it again yesterday, I could not get it to turn over. So far, I have changed the gasoline, put in a new spark plug, installed a new battery, cleaned as many electrical contacts as I could find (including ignition, and others under "dash") and nothing seems to do anything. Also, I tested the starter outside of the mower and it works just fine. So I can cross that off the list.

I've uploaded a video (which is mostly just sounds due to the difficulty in starting this mower and filming at the same time) so you can hear what it sounds like - which I hope will help.

As a side note, the reason I have not mowed with it in a while is the clutch literally fell out the bottom of the mower and would not re-engage after I put it back in (I've yet to get to that to fix it).

Threads
Hello, I posted this in small engine repair but could not get any response. I have a Exmark Lazer CT (Model# LCT4818KC) with a Kolher Pro 18. I am unable to get the mower to turn over for some reason. I moved it about a month ago and it was fine. When I went to move it again yesterday, I could not get it to turn over. So far, I have changed the gasoline, put in a new spark plug, installed a new battery, cleaned as many electrical contacts as I could find (including ignition, and others under "dash") and nothing seems to do anything. Also, I tested the starter outside of the mower and it works just fine. So I can cross that off the list.

I've uploaded a video (which is mostly just sounds due to the difficulty in starting this mower and filming at the same time) so you can hear what it sounds like - which I hope will help.

As a side note, the reason I have not mowed with it in a while is the clutch literally fell out the bottom of the mower and would not re-engage after I put it back in (I've yet to get to that to fix it).

This might help: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/toro-wheelhorse-forum/14212-toro-42-z4200-zero-turn-wont-start.html

robertmspeakout

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks. Most of that has to do with the starter (which was ultimately the problem). I took my starter out and tested it with jumper cables and a screwdriver. It turns and engages just as it should. Also, I can see the flywheel spinning once back on the mower. In other words, unless theres something I am missing, which is certainly possible - it's not the starter.

redfish9

Threads
check brake switch and seat switch they might be on the friz

Brucebotti

Threads
check brake switch and seat switch they might be on the friz

I would think that if either of those switches were not working, it wouldn't even turn over.

It definitely is not your starter. I would pull the pugs and see if they are fouled with gas. I would also check for spark while I had the plugs out. If you are getting gas and spark, it should start.

Bruce

Firetaco

Forum Newbie
Threads
if its a hydraulic lifter engine, what engine oil are you using? kohlers do not like straight 30 wt. you have to use 10w30 or the lifters will hydraulic lock and put the valves into the piston. it sounds like you've got compression, however. i'd start at the spark plug and check for fire as someone else has already suggested. then move on to fuel if the plug sparks blue