Vibration when mowing

87corvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the average Joe without a shop full of pullers and presses, the easier way might be to replaces the entire spindle assembly. Of course, that will be more expensive, but that will get you new bearings, new seals, and a new (straight) spindle shaft.
I think that your suggestion is the best one. A complete spindle assembly is probably the easiest way to go. Any suggestion as to the store to reach for the replacement spindle?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Born2Mow

Threads
Any suggestion as to the store to reach for the replacement spindle?
Paul -
There's too many knock-off Chinese copies available... and these are generally junk. Definitely not Amazon or eBay.

Check with your local dealer. If he's too high, then check on-line dealers.

87corvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, here is what I found this past Saturday after I removed the deck from under my mower. I checked rotation of both blades and I found that I had NOT installed one blade correctly on the star mount. So--I cleaned the bottom of the deck, rescued the blade correctly, lubricated the spindles, idler pulleys, and any other metal on metal parts, using a Wurth lubricant named HKK, usually used for door hinges, starts as a lubricant and becomes a waterproof grease. Tested the "fix" and all is running as designed.
I want to thank all who participated with suggestions on how to fix what I thought was a problem. And again, it always works to check everything out before spending hard earned cash.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for coming back
Your blade misfit is a lot more common than you would believe
Glad it was a simple easy & cheap fix