Vegetable garden in yet

Zeroturn

Threads
Do you have your garden planted yet? We finished planting ours yesterday! :biggrin: It's my favorite time of the year! I can't wait to start getting those veggies to eat! Is yours in yet? How big is your garden?

noma

Threads
Hi Yes we put tomatoes and peppers out last week i think the frost is done for this spring it 70 degree at night and the humidy is about 70 percent. Pretty good sized garden 80 ft by 160 ft. , it keep us bussey all summer long.

monica123

Threads
We have only got potatoes and peas in so far, the rest are started in the greenhouse. I usually don't plant before the end of May, we still have a risk of frost here till then.

danny57

Threads
I guess you folks up north are alittle behind us down here in VA. My garden has been in for the last several weeks and is doing well. Corn, beans, potatoes, etc are up and growing. Have 31 tomato plants, 4 squash, 4 cucumber and 4 pepper plants. Love to eat out of the garden in summer. Garlic will need to be harvested in a couple of weeks. Onions are ready to eat now and snow peas will be ready in a week or so. Had some good rain lately which helps. Do any of you folks up north have trouble with potato beetles?

JimmyWeb

Threads
I don't move into my new place until next week. Hopefully it wont be too late to plant tomatoes by then. I definitely need to do some research. I love fried green tomatoes, I can't wait to grow them.:biggrin:

monica123

Threads
I have never had an issue with potato beetles, I have had issues with aphids and those sort of bugs eating the leaves but nothing that really ever harmed the potatoes.

Rip

Threads
We gambled and planted our early garden in mid - February. It got snowed on 2 times and we have had a very good Spring.

We are eating lettuce, cabbage, radishes, peas, onions, broccoli and cauliflower. I got one Cayenne pepper over the weekend and we have tomatoes almost big as baseballs.

Corn is knee high and the squash and beans are coming along nicely.

I'm dyin' for a good tomato.

Rip

monica123

Threads
Wow, mid Feb, you must have very mild winters, here in mid Feb we are still knee high in snow, there is no way we could plant a garden that early.

grnspot110

Threads
Finally got back into the garden today! Set out 14 tomato plants, planted some corn & beans. Haven't been able to do anything in the garden since April 13, been raining every since then! Forecasters are calling for rain again tomorrow!

Planning on having our first batch of "new tators" tomorrow! YUM!!!

I've got several flats of Marigolds blooming in the greenhouse that should have been set out 2-3 weeks ago! ~~ grnspot110