vanguard hard to start..

kevinsmith

Threads
My 16 HP vanguard.. 303777..1111-a1.when it sit awhile will not start unless I spray gas in carb the it will run perfect all day long its just the cold start issue... Choke is working but has no effect when doing a cold start any ideas of what to check..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Results this is your engine operators manual & illustrated parts list, be sure to use OEM B&S parts. Adjust valves to specs. in owners manual with engine cold, read operators manual thoroughly. Check oil & filter for replacement as well as fuel filter, spark plugs, & air filter.

New Briggs Stratton Repair Manual 272144 | eBay Your engine repair manual if you so choose to purchase, a great manual for the do it your self maintenance individual.

I will also add that I use B&S fuel treatment & fresh high octane gas in my Vanguard. Your valves need to be adjusted every 250 hrs., if you need further assistance please let us know, thanks.

ThaxtexGM

Threads
Sounds like your choke jet is blocked, remove the carb and give it a good clean find the choke jet and put a small pice wire thought it.
Do a search on YouTube you will find a video about it.
Please let us know if this fixes the problem?

kevinsmith

Threads
Removed carb let it sit all night in cleaner ran wire thru all the ports blowed it all out put it all back together with new gaskets started it seem to run fine..let it sit all night tried to start it with choke complety closed and would not start had to put my hand over the carb to start it....

ThaxtexGM

Threads
Hi Kvein,
Sorry to say this but you do have something in your carb, I will have a look at your model and come back to you.
Tony

kevinsmith

Threads
Problem solved.... Had something to do with the voltage regulator ..swamped it out and the mower starts every time.thanks for all the help

ThaxtexGM

Threads
I would like to know more !!!!!