Hello,

First off, the model of my mower is:

MTD Gold Yard Machine
6.0 HP
22" cut
Front self propel high wheel
Model# 12-529W300

Purchase:

My belt snapped into pieces and I was unable to locate all of the pieces to get the exact size. I went to MTD.com and went through the promps to get a part number and from there I did a google search for the part #'s specs. I came up 3/8" x 38.1". My local hardware store only had 3/8" x 38" and they said this would work.

Installation:

I didn't bother taking the blade off because I was able to sleeve the belt over the blade. Above the blade, on the crank shaft (?) there's an circular indent where I'm assuming the belt goes on. From there I guided the belt through an opening near the pulley in the front. I was able to sleeve the belt around the pulley fairly easy. It's not extremely loose but there's definately slack.

Conclusion:

When I started the lawnmower the self propeller kicks in right away without me having to hold the self driven handle down. It was constant self propelled. So I walked around the yard with it to see what would happen and within a couple minutes the belt came off the pulley.

At first I thought it was constantly propelled because there was too much tension in the belt, but after the belt falling off I know this wouldn't be the case.

If someone can guide me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated. My lawn is starting to look like the everglades! PLEASE HELP! Thank you

Aaron

I

ILENGINE

does your gearbox have a little lever next to the pulley. probably the engagement is hanging up and is not returning to the neutral position. or the cable is not returning fully.