Export thread

Using a Shovel

BGC

BGC

Does anyone still use a shovel to remove snow from your walk ways and drives? I shovel the snow and the kids make forts out of what I shovel out of the way.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Does anyone still use a shovel to remove snow from your walk ways and drives? I shovel the snow and the kids make forts out of what I shovel out of the way.

Sure -- in the deep south it doesn't make sense to invest in snow removal equipment. I do OK with just a flat shovel.

I

indypower

Even if you have a snowblower, you still need a shovel because there are places you can't get to with the snowblower. A shovel makes the final clean up clean.

K

Kryten

I only have one sidewalk, the back garden is all lawn and the lawn wraps all the way around the garden. So for the fifteen to twenty feet I need to clear, I just shovel. The drive I ignore because the car copes with anything.

L

LandN

I use my 4' wide manual snow pusher as much as i can up to about 3" of snow,it is a real blast to use and usually about 5 min. to clear the driveway(30x50) oh yea i have a 30" wide blower but not quite as much fun though. :biggrin:

P

Pika

Another southerner here who uses a flat shovel. I'm not sure they even SELL snow shovels here! It doesn't snow often enough to mess with trying to buy one.

J

JumpingJack

I have found that the shovel can not be replaced, I still use it whenever there is some snow coming around, and have done so for all the years. And the benefit it gives you a great workout as well :thumbsup:

demhustler

demhustler

barn shovel - like mulch shovel - works pretty good and they are strong - we always have ones as extra and back-up when regular snowshoveels get broken or worn-out