UPDATE: Spec help for Timecutter SS5000

bonedog

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is an hour away so I don't have the model number. If that's essential, tell me, and I'll delay the work an extra week. BUT...I'm wondering how much of what I need is actually standard between all engines on this specific model. All I recall is that mine is a Kawasaki engine
Here's what I'm looking for:
  • (Turns out mine doesn’t have filters…it’s a 2016 model) Part number for the hydraulic filters for the transmissions (left side doesn't seem to function as well as the right...hoping with a fluid change it will be a step in the right direction)
  • (Found this via the engine model number) Part number for the oil filter for the engine
  • (The tube is already connected) What size/diameter tube do I need to connect for draining the oil?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Without the 5 digit model from serial number tag all I finding is that several of the SS 5000 series uses the Hydrogear EZT. In order to change the oil and filters you must remove the units and turn them upside down to drain the oil and the units must open up to access the filters.

Filter are Hydro Gear PN 71497 for the transaxles.
Would the engine model and spec numbers to make of the correct filter PN.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BEcause of the way the hydro drives are powered, the left side packs it in well before the right
If you are lucky then a new belt may make things better but you are just kicking the can down the road a bit
Also check that the tension pulley is good & the tension arm swings freely .
If the drive is just worn then a swap to heavier oil will give you 3 to 5 more seasons

bonedog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: The engine in the Toro engine and the actual model number of the mower is 74731. I got the oil and filter changed, new blades installed and topped off some 20w-50 in the left tranny.
They say those things aren’t serviceable but do y’all recommend I pump the fluid out and change it? With the wheels off, it was pretty easy to move around it.