unloaded off the truck and less that 100 feet, broke...

Ida-Boy

Threads
  • / unloaded off the truck and less that 100 feet, broke...
Unloaded a brand new Troy Built Lawn Tractor Bronco 13WV78KS011 with 17 hp Kohler engine... connected the batteryTroyBuiltMower.jpg, checked oil and added gas and she fired up. Showed my daughter how to operated the pto and she took off and got less that 100 feet and crap, she won't go forward or revers... She seems to smoke up front when we push the pedal down to move forward so I think I slipped a belt... No diagrams!!! Any help out there???

Nwatson99

Threads
Load it right back up and take it back, brand new mower should have a warranty with it and I would not touch that unit.

gfp55

Threads
You can down load all the manuals on line from MTD

Ida-Boy

Threads
Load it right back up and take it back, brand new mower should have a warranty with it and I would not touch that unit.

I verified it's the belt, off of a pulley in the rear. Hard to see up in there but I can see and touch the belt... It slipped off or something. Have to find a way to get up in there!

Ida-Boy

Threads
You can down load all the manuals on line from MTD

Thanks, I thought it was a built unit by MTD. Not a bad price for the unit, $800 and 2 year warranty. Just kinda ruined things suince I bought it for my daughter and son-in-law to use at their home. I will check out the MTD site.

Ida-Boy

Threads
Problem found: The read end has a 3 pully system which get power from a belt that runs through an idler from up front... The 3 pulley's in the rear, the very far rearwards one came out and wedged into part of the bracing back there. It seems that the bottom bolt (#81 in illustration on page 12) is gone along with part #'s 84 & 85. At least now I know what is wrong with it!

Ida-Boy

Threads
Problem found: The read end has a 3 pully system which get power from a belt that runs through an idler from up front... The 3 pulley's in the rear, the very far rearwards one came out and wedged into part of the bracing back there. It seems that the bottom bolt (#81 in illustration on page 12) is gone along with part #'s 84 & 85. At least now I know what is wrong with it!

I took the unit yesterday to an authorized service center and this morning I get a call from the store manager stating that if I wish I can bring it back for a "NEW" unit... Needless to say I took Dustin up on the offer and I now have another brand new unit in the barn... headed out there to hook up the battery and give her a start. I hope for better luck this time and feel that I can sleep a bit easier knowing that Altaquip (in Romulus, MI) did not touch this one!

gfp55

Threads
I took the unit yesterday to an authorized service center and this morning I get a call from the store manager stating that if I wish I can bring it back for a "NEW" unit... Needless to say I took Dustin up on the offer and I now have another brand new unit in the barn... headed out there to hook up the battery and give her a start. I hope for better luck this time and feel that I can sleep a bit easier knowing that Altaquip (in Romulus, MI) did not touch this one!

I think that was the best thing to do in your case. I hope you have a good one now. I'm glad you were able to get things right and not take forever. Keep us posted and I'm glad your happy and can sleep.