Uncharted Territory

bartles

Threads
I'm working on a Sears Model 917.376551 walk behind. Its been sitting up for a long time...carb full of corrasion so I gambled on a
knock off Chinese carb.(I know what's coming and deserve it)
I have never worked on this type carb...with a primer bulb. where is the fuel injected from...ports before the throttle plate or between the throttle plate and the intake manifold?

The engine starts with a little gas sprayed into the carb and runs very good.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Fuel is push up the nozzle by inject air into the fuel bowl. The air cleaner base on these are bad to warp and usually requires a modified wedge gasket to be made up two gasket shaved into a wedge. The wedge area is thicker at the point of no contact of the single. These air cleaner are also easily warp by over tightening the mounting screws.

bartles

Threads
I think I understand. Does applying gasket sealer help?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would it would a tendency to clog the air passages.

But what I am referring to as contact can seen if you install one gasket and install the base. When you then remove it you will the area that is not sealing.

bartles

Threads
Re sealant, point well taken...where do I look for fuel in the carb so I know I have the air leak stopped?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Look into the throat of carburetor you will see a little brass tube (nozzle) sticking up. When the primer is working fuel come up out of it when the primer is pushed.

Last edited:

bartles

Threads
Look into the throat of carburetor you will see a little brass tube (nozzle) sticking up. When the primer is working fuel come up out of it when the primer is pushed.
Ok, thanks! I really appreciate your help!!