Ultrasonic Carburetor Cleaner

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was thinking about investing in a Ultrasonic Carburetor Cleaner. The problem I am seeing is the ones I was looking at run around 3 hundred dollars + the cleaning solution. For just my small shop and my age I just don't see recouping my money for that big of a investment. Do they make cheaper units then that?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was thinking about investing in a Ultrasonic Carburetor Cleaner. The problem I am seeing is the ones I was looking at run around 3 hundred dollars + the cleaning solution. For just my small shop and my age I just don't see recouping my money for that big of a investment. Do they make cheaper units then that?

There is a lot of cheap junk out there.
To do mower carbs you need at least a 3 litre cleaner.
If you do mostly cube carbs then one of the jewellery cleaners will be fine. That is where I started.
Then I went to a 3 litre and now am making a 5 gallon unit out of an old laundry tub.
If you are not afraid of some basic electrickery you can get kits from electronics hobby stores from around $ 30.00
I am looking at using a laundry tub and some old chest freezer baskets.
Mind you I have been "toying" with this for about 2 years.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We use one purchased at Harbor Frieght, I think it was about $60 about three and a half years ago. It is still working fine for us and gets used at least once a day, some days I have run 4-7 carbs through it. We have found that about 2-3 ounces of Simple Green works great for us as a cleaner. Some days the carbs are so dirty that we will have to change the solution twice in a day. Hope this helps you out, it has worked great for us.