TWO THINGS ABOUT MY HONDA HRR216TDA

Threads
I have 2 things to show to you about my Honda HRR216TDA. The first one is a question. The plastic "flap" in the back (for lack of a better term) is not straight. I don't know how this happened, and I am not worried about it, but I was just wondering how an easy way to fix it might be. (See picture)
P.S. Notice my rubber guard is almost completely gone! :tongue:
DSCN0548.jpg

And the second thing is just a comment. I was sucking up leaves in my own yard yesterday, and then I decided to see if I would be able to suck up pine needles. It worked OK, but I realized all these pine needles got stuck to my mower! What are the chances of that?!?:biggrin: (See picture)
DSCN0544.jpg

txzrider

Threads
I dont think either one is an issue. Pine needles look to be lodged in front of the mowing area so they should not be affecting the cut.

Threads
I dont think either one is an issue. Pine needles look to be lodged in front of the mowing area so they should not be affecting the cut.

I knew that was not going to do anything, I just thought it was funny how they got somehow stuck in there.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
That rear flap is a debris shield. It helps protect your feet from possibly flying objects from the blades. Like any safety device, it should be repaired/replaced if damaged; not a hard job on that mower.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are re-treads available for your Honda ? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Those tires look to be hi mileage .

Last edited:
Threads
That rear flap is a debris shield. It helps protect your feet from possibly flying objects from the blades. Like any safety device, it should be repaired/replaced if damaged; not a hard job on that mower.

Yeah, I knew it's purpose, I was just saying how it is pretty much not there! :tongue: How would I get another one. Would I have to take it into a dealer?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, I knew it's purpose, I was just saying how it is pretty much not there! :tongue: How would I get another one. Would I have to take it into a dealer?

A dealer could order the parts and install it for you, but you could probably remove the old one and install the new one yourself. It looks like one end of the rod is just a cap nut; pull that off and the rod comes out from the other side.
Part number for the rear shield is 76118-VG3-020 ($5.02)
Part number for the cap nut is 90301-VG3-010 ($0.72)
You can order both from any Honda dealer; here's link to find one near you:
Find a Honda Dealer

Threads
A dealer could order the parts and install it for you, but you could probably remove the old one and install the new one yourself. It looks like one end of the rod is just a cap nut; pull that off and the rod comes out from the other side.
Part number for the rear shield is 76118-VG3-020 ($5.02)
Part number for the cap nut is 90301-VG3-010 ($0.72)
You can order both from any Honda dealer; here's link to find one near you:
Find a Honda Dealer

OK thanks!