Tuff Cut 210 front drive wheels will not spin freely.

ARMYtango

Threads
  • / Tuff Cut 210 front drive wheels will not spin freely.
Hey all...

Loving the info on this forum! But am having a hard time locating any info on the issue I am having.

My neighbor asked me to look into getting an old mower that he had sitting around to see if I can get it going.

After some work, I have gotten it running, and even gotten the drive to work. Only problem I have now is when you release the drive, the front wheels will not roll freely.

I have opened the drive box and can verify that the gear IS releasing like it should, so I know that is not the problem.

After taking off the wheels, I have found that I can turn the gears if I use a wrench, or if I put some muscle into it with my hand. So I am wondering if there is a way to possibly grease the axle in some way?

Like I said before, the drive works perfect, so I know the axle/gears are not bound up.

Thanks all in advance! :thumbsup:

IMG_0374.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

ARMYtango

Threads
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=manual tuff cut 210 Enter model and serial number.

Purchase 1 or 2 spray cans of Liquid Wrench brand lubricating oil and soak both sides down & let it sit a while. You can use high temp grease or anti-seize compound on axles.

Professional Shop Manuals Your particular manual may not be listed but you can find a similar one, same principle.

The wetness you see in the pic is PB Blaster...I assume is the same as liquid wrench?

Thank you for all the info!