troybuilt strom 2410 m# 31AS62N2711 question

corvairbob

Threads
i have this troy built model 2410 and i would like to add steering to it. now the steering that you pull a trigger on the bar and it disengages that wheel so you can turn in that direction easier with the help of the wheel that is still driving. i looked on the troy built site and of course that site is hard to navigate. so maybe someone here knows if this is even possible. maybe someone repairs them and can better direct me. this machine is my girls machine and sometimes i go over during the day when we get a big snowfall and doher drive so she can get into it. i have 2 blowers that have the steering and it makes the job much easier. but her machine doesn't have them and this old man struggles with the job.
thanks for any help on this
model 31AS62N2711

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just much less of a headache and financial burden to buy an unit that has this already. Yours would require a major rework to achieve this type steering. Basically it is like taking a skateboard and trying to make a Ferrari out of it.

Note that the drive axle (item 81) is solid piece from left to right.
1705846164875.png

Reactions: Gil

corvairbob

Threads
ok that answers that question. how ever the sears i have also is a solid axle and that steers on the output end of that axle. they used some type of clutch system on the sears. so i was curious if the troy built had that also as a upgrade. anyway we will have to deal with it, it still is better than the shovel. thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you post the Sears model number then i can look it up to see how they designed it.

corvairbob

Threads
thanks but the parts would not retrofit so not worth looking it up. it is not a real big deal i was just curious to see if that option was available then i would look into a retrofit on that troy built machine. thanks