Export thread

troy built fuel bulb

R

randy ransome

I can't get the bulb to pump up. I've changed the bulb cleaned the carb, checked the fuel filter, but it will not pump up.
When I pump the bulb you can see fuel start to pump into the line but it stops. If I keep pumping it builds up pressure in the fuel tank.
If I pump it many times then pull the return fuel line off you can hear the pressure release from the line.
For some reason it's building up pressure. If I remove the gas cap and pump it it won't pump up.
I give up. HELP!
:confused2:

M

mechanic mark

"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" Locate your manual, then fuel system & troubleshooting, let us know what you find, thanks.

Troy-Bilt Operator's Manuals & Illustrated Parts Diagrams

I

ILENGINE

Assuming that this is a trimmer. Make sure the fuel line in the tank isn't broken to start. This should be a fuel line to carb, carb to primer, primer back to fuel tank setup. When pushing the primer does it sound like you are sucking air through the throat of the carb. if so that means there is a check valve stuck open, and about 99 percent of the time will require a replacement carb.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Post the model number of this machine.

M

Mikel1

Assuming that this is a trimmer. Make sure the fuel line in the tank isn't broken to start. This should be a fuel line to carb, carb to primer, primer back to fuel tank setup. When pushing the primer does it sound like you are sucking air through the throat of the carb. if so that means there is a check valve stuck open, and about 99 percent of the time will require a replacement carb.

This ^