Troy-Bilt Tiller

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mr. Fish, I too have worked on this stuff for more than 40 years. In Wisconsin to be a certified instructor in this field you must continue working in the field through out your teaching career to renew your licence.

You seem to be the only one on this forum who feels that my posts are bogus and individuals should not listen to them. I state in my signature that it is only my opinion and the members should make their own decision on whether to use what I post or not.

You are the only "professional" who has posted a negative comment on how I solve hunting, surging and flooding problems. If it is so wrong, why haven't others chimed in also?? If it works for me and others on this forum who have used it, what is wrong with it. If you don't believe my swelling seats, all you have to do the next time your help one of these problems, pull the seat, measure it with a calipers and then measure a new seat. If you don't have the time to do so, that is your option, but don't blast my statements until you have tested it.

When posting about my requesting numbers, I have done so, many more times than you know. At the same time, my experience has allowed me to picture the engine and what I feel is the solution without needing numbers. If you don't like my posts, that is your option, but I will continue to help members based on my experiences, which to my local customers have solved their problems, with or without numbers.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys are starting to sound like parts guys/part changers that cannot do anything without model number!!!!!!!! I am glad that you and rivets have come around!!!!!

OMG did you really say this?

You are the king of wanting the model numbers.

I have asked rivets for help and he has always been dead on.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, you 2 have berated me for asking for model numbers, endlessly. My advice stands against the both of yours at any time......

Teaching career? How in the hell did you qualify for that?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would love to see you put calipers on an inlet seat, but you have to do it on a new one, and an old one of the same part number....

That would be cute........

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you read post 11 again you will see that I said you have both old and new seats available. Using a verineer caliper to measure them is quite easy, or you can also use a 1" micrometer. Both are tools you have learned to use as a Kohler Certified Plumber.