Troy Bilt Pony problems

cheryl p

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I recently changed the belt on my Troy Bilt mower and now there is a rod that keeps coming off and stops the blades from spinning (I think). All I know is suddenly the mower moves faster and no grass is being cut. There isn't a hole in the rod that allows a pin to go through and I cannot figure out why it keeps coming off. I have to take the deck off every time and fix it.

Let me know if I need to upload another picture.

Thanks.

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 26

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That goes to the blade brake. Every time you engage the blades it's going to pull the rod out because the clip is gone to hold it in place. What the rod does is pull the brake away from the pulley.

Look again for a hole to insert a clip. Should all so be a washer.

If you can not find a hole let me know and I can tell you what to do and still have it working as it should.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

cheryl p

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't see a spot for a clip much less a washer. Do you think it could be broke? I attached a picture. Also, with the exception of the spring not put back on, does everything look in place to you?

Thank you

That goes to the blade brake. Every time you engage the blades it's going to pull the rod out because the clip is gone to hold it in place. What the rod does is pull the brake away from the pulley.

Look again for a hole to insert a clip. Should all so be a washer.

If you can not find a hole let me know and I can tell you what to do and still have it working as it should.

Attachments

• Rod no pin hole.jpg
    Rod no pin hole.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Whole Thing Spring not on.jpg
    Whole Thing Spring not on.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 17

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't see a spot for a clip much less a washer. Do you think it could be broke? I attached a picture. Also, with the exception of the spring not put back on, does everything look in place to you?

Thank you

Every thing looks to be there and looks in good shape. When you engage the blades that rid pulls the brake away from the pulley so something has to be on the back side to keep it in place. Some times there will be a clip and washer. Some rods just have a bend in them or two tabs to hold a washer in place.

Give me your model numbers and we can find a pic of how it goes. Or you can just take the rod and the brake off of that side but let's try and fix it first and keep it safe.

cheryl p

Forum Newbie
Threads
The book says Model #210000 or Model #310000. Not sure which one it is. Could the model # be 13AN77KS?

Every thing looks to be there and looks in good shape. When you engage the blades that rid pulls the brake away from the pulley so something has to be on the back side to keep it in place. Some times there will be a clip and washer. Some rods just have a bend in them or two tabs to hold a washer in place.

Give me your model numbers and we can find a pic of how it goes. Or you can just take the rod and the brake off of that side but let's try and fix it first and keep it safe.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok this is what the rod should look like with a little bend on the end. So yours has. Broke.
You should be able to find one at a repair shop or order one on line from. Parts tree.com. The part number is 747-05105.
image-3296726399.png

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model number I came up with from what you have me is 13WN77KS011. I hope all this gets you up and mowing again
image-3125079084.png

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Troy-Bilt Forum. :smile: