Troy Bilt Issue

flyingsolo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I have two issues here with my Troy Bilt equipment. I have a Troy-Bilt 21" self propelled mower with a 190cc Briggs & Stratton engine. I was mowing the other day and it was running fine and then just died. I switched out the fuel and checked the oil. It was fine on oil, however it still isn't starting. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the air intake which usually gets it running, but it still won't turn over.

The other issue I am having is that my Troy Bilt TB80 EC weedwacker randomly stopped working a while back. I cleaned the carb and put it back together, however it still wouldn't start. New fuel was put in and it still wouldn't start. Did the same thing and sprayed carb cleaner into the air intake. On this one one it worked. The trimmer kicked on but wouldn't run smoothly. It would roughly run in the 2nd choke position but would die in the 3rd position. In position 2 whenever it would start to die and I sprayed carb cleaner towards the intake it would power back up and start running but it keeps wanting to die after about 15 seconds.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to try to see if I can get these going?

Mikel1

Threads
On the Troy built 21" do you have spark? Have you replaced spark plug? If these are good then put a little fuel in cylinder then try starting.
On the tb80 if fuel line(s) & fuel filter are good then you might want to just replace carb, around $20.

flyingsolo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Spark plug hasn't been replaced yet, but there is some corrosion on both the plug and the wire connecting to it. Is it just easier to replace the carb than to try and clean it and repair it?

Mikel1

Threads
On that tb80 its better to just replace it. You could clean it and rebuild it but if that doesn't work then what. It's your money so I leave it up to you which path to chose.