Export thread

Troy Bilt died while using and wont restart

G

GaryTroy

First off,thanks for allowing me in this forum.
I own a TroyBuilt push mower with belt driven rear wheels.Engine has OHV.
While using mower 2 weeks ago unit first was hard to start. Usually starts fist pull.Sounded like there was a compression leak.checked plug and was tight. Pulled a few more times and it started. Started mowing,felt ok. Emptied bag and restarted.Took 3 pulls but started.As im mowing the unit gave me a massive backfire and shut down. No,I didnt hit anything. It just backfired and stalled. Will not restart. I have small spark,plug looks good,not wet with fuel or oil. Electrode black like running a little rich..Removed pull cord,checked for crap between coil and wheel and did the bussiness card gap adj. Still wont start. Havent tried Ether in carb to start,nor have I looked at keyway as of yet.
Any experiences with these units doing this? model#12ABD3BZ71.1

I

ILENGINE

Going to need the model number information from the engine since Troybilt doesn't show what engine your mower has. I suspect you have a carb problem which could include water in the fuel or a clogged main jet.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

If it's a briggs adjust your valve lash. 4 and 4.

F

Fragger

try the ole ether trick that will let you knw if it is fuel or electrical , just saying oh and thank you for your inquire lots of knowedgeable folks here to help :thumbsup:QUOTE=GaryTroy;279538]First off,thanks for allowing me in this forum.
I own a TroyBuilt push mower with belt driven rear wheels.Engine has OHV.
While using mower 2 weeks ago unit first was hard to start. Usually starts fist pull.Sounded like there was a compression leak.checked plug and was tight. Pulled a few more times and it started. Started mowing,felt ok. Emptied bag and restarted.Took 3 pulls but started.As im mowing the unit gave me a massive backfire and shut down. No,I didnt hit anything. It just backfired and stalled. Will not restart. I have small spark,plug looks good,not wet with fuel or oil. Electrode black like running a little rich..Removed pull cord,checked for crap between coil and wheel and did the bussiness card gap adj. Still wont start. Havent tried Ether in carb to start,nor have I looked at keyway as of yet.
Any experiences with these units doing this? model#12ABD3BZ71.1[/QUOTE]

G

GaryTroy

So.still down. But finally got some time to gather more info on the mower.
1)Unit model is Troy-Bilt 360
2)Engine Model is Briggs & Stratton 121S 02 0068 F1.
3)Engine is a 190cc with OHV

Found Broken Keyway. Replaced. Have excelent spark. Tore carburator apart and cleaned. I have no compression. 0 PSI. Removed rocker cover. Rockers attached,pushrods not bent,have movement on valves. Sounds like compression is lost around the head gasket area.
Headgaskets known to go on these things?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Yea all the time the head gaskets go out, but they still run mostly ~!~!

G

GaryTroy

Well, found problem. Missing 2 inches off head gasket. The cause was a loose headbolt. Would show but dont know how to post a picture.

zman111666

zman111666

Gotta have 5 posts to put up a pic, then it's real easy, the option will be right above where you are typing.

G

GaryTroy

Gotta have 5 posts to put up a pic, then it's real easy, the option will be right above where you are typing.

Oh ok. Guess this makes 5

G

GaryTroy

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

BlazNT

BlazNT

That will definitely cause problems.

zman111666

zman111666

Yup, that certainly would do it...