TRANSMISSON PROBLEM

Threads
I have a unknown model Murry RER that I cannot get to shift,the trans.a 5 speed has a sticker on it that reads, SPICER #56191 with a date of 10/87. I am going to take it apart and see whats inside,I am hoping it just needs some oil or grease. what kind should I use ? I was thinking 90 weight gear oil . I havent taken a transmisson before so I dont know what to expect, but since it isnt any good like it is why not try to fix it. BYW it works real good once I get it in gear with a hammer on the linkage:laughing::anyone: any advice would be most welcome:drink:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a unknown model Murry RER that I cannot get to shift,the trans.a 5 speed has a sticker on it that reads, SPICER #56191 with a date of 10/87. I am going to take it apart and see whats inside,I am hoping it just needs some oil or grease. what kind should I use ? I was thinking 90 weight gear oil . I havent taken a transmisson before so I dont know what to expect, but since it isnt any good like it is why not try to fix it. BYW it works real good once I get it in gear with a hammer on the linkage:laughing::anyone: any advice would be most welcome:drink:

Probably has been sitting a while with some moisture in it, and there will be a lot of rust/etc...

It goes back together with a semi-solid grease.