Trans problem

tsyama

Forum Newbie
Threads
Aloha all, got a 2004 John Deere L130, Kohler Commander 23, Automatic Tuff Torq HD K46. Blades engage and runs okay but when mower reaches a slight upgrade the trans starts to hum and then does not move (as like the belt is slipping but don't think so, no belt burning smell). It does this in forward and reverse. Maybe low on fluid?? How can you check level? Any suggestions??

Arwing64

Threads
A hydrostatic transmission will make a humming or a whiney noise when it experiences a load. Going up a hill shouldn't be enough to make it go to a halt. My guess is that the belt may be worn out or stretched. This can cause belt slipping without the burning. The belt may also not be taught enough and the tensioner pulley would need to be adjusted. The transmission should be fine. If there were to not have any fluid in them, they would simply burn up or seize.

Try a new belt.

tsyama

Forum Newbie
Threads
A hydrostatic transmission will make a humming or a whiney noise when it experiences a load. Going up a hill shouldn't be enough to make it go to a halt. My guess is that the belt may be worn out or stretched. This can cause belt slipping without the burning. The belt may also not be taught enough and the tensioner pulley would need to be adjusted. The transmission should be fine. If there were to not have any fluid in them, they would simply burn up or seize.

Try a new belt.

Okay, I will try the belt, another question, how and where doI go to adjust the tensioner pulley? I need to get a diagram on this. Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated!!!