Trainsmoke

bryansmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarn yth2148 with a brigs vtwin engine. The engine # is model446777 the type 0246 e1 the code 03072yg. The problem with it is smoking like a train. Whin tore the enine down i found the push rod of the intake side of cyl #2. My quistion is would a broke push rod the smoke or should replace the rings.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Husqvarn yth2148 with a brigs vtwin engine. The engine # is model446777 the type 0246 e1 the code 03072yg. The problem with it is smoking like a train. Whin tore the enine down i found the push rod of the intake side of cyl #2. My quistion is would a broke push rod the smoke or should replace the rings.

Replace the broken push rod and set valve clearances to specs and see if the problem clears.

has it been smoking for a long time? As in habitual smoker...engine rings could be worn.

If not, only recent problem them it is related to push rod problem, it would seem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Missing intake push rod will cause a vacuum effect in that cylinder pulling oil past the rings and causing oil usage and smoke when expelled out the exhaust into the hot muffler.

Threads
Missing intake push rod will cause a vacuum effect in that cylinder pulling oil past the rings and causing oil usage and smoke when expelled out the exhaust into the hot muffler.

I agree with IL Engine........ Just like a cylinder on a car engine that has a bad plug.... It is not firing to burn fuel and it's collecting oil in the cylinder so that has to go somewhere.........