toro zmaster PTO wiring

apple98

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 Toro Z Master. The belt-rod (also holds the PTO stationary) came loose today....allowing the PTO to spin and snapped all 4 wires (2 black and 2 brown). The two black go to one prong of the PTO, the two brown go to the other prong of the PTO. The corregated loom has 2 brown and 1 black to reconnect three of the snapped wires to.....but I cannot find where the 4th (black) wire goes. I followed the loom back to the other side of the engine, but still only found the 3 wires. The end of the 4th wire looks like it could have pulled out of ring-connector. Is it possible this is just a ground wire?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you post the actual model number may be someone can look up the diagram.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From memory they have a connection from the PTO ( or switch ) that goes to the hour meter which records mowing hours not engine ignition on hours.

apple98

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick response. It is a 2004 Zmaster model 74255. 60" Turbo Force deck. Kohler Command Pro 28 EFI engine. If I had another mower to look at, I could probably figure out where it goes. The wiring schematic shows a ground connection from that loom, but does not specify color (I am not a schematic reading expert though). I looked around for a ground screw/bolt/empty ring connector, but nothing seems to stand out. As mentioned, 1 black and 2 brown go thru the loom to the other side of the engine. They snapped off 6" from the connector. The 2nd black seems to be a "loner" and snapped off much further back....14" back.....and appears to have pulled out of a connector of some sort (versus snapping apart). I will look to see if by-chance that wire might reach the hour meter.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ground wire is Black. And no the black wire does not go to the hour meter, just the Green and Pink wires.