Export thread

Toro Titan ZX4800 w/Kohler Confidant 21 hp Engine

S

Scott S

I have just under an acre of mostly level grass to cut.

I was considering getting a Gravely ZT 42 (Kohler 7000 V Twin) for $2699 when I stumbled upon the Toro. I know this is probably overkill for my needs, but the ZX4800 is touted as a commercial grade mower with an MSRP of $5399. I can get it from a Toro dealer for $3999. It is brand new and is a closeout special. I test drove it today and it had 0.1 hours on it.

I plan on keeping either mower for about 5 years and then selling it. I need the most dependable ZTR with the least maintenance cost which will bring the highest resale at the end of the five years. My budget is between $2500-$4000. I probably just need the Gravely, but I kind of want the Toro because it is a beast in comparison.

Are the annual maintenance costs (oil change, fluid change, blade replacement, filter, spark plugs, etc.) significantly higher on a Titan ZX4800 vs. a regular residential ZTR such as a Toro Timecutter SS4225?

I'm sure the Toro is the better mower due to the specs, however, it's also $1300 more than the Gravely. Is the price difference for my needs worth it?

Scott

BlazNT

BlazNT

Your needs are a push mower. Your want is a ZTR:laughing:. Either ZTR is over kill. One is 10 times more than you need and the other is 20 times more. Now as for value a commercial machine will always bring more money if not used commercially. From what I have seen on craigslist most ZTR's only loose around $500 to $1000 if they have low hours.
Cost for up keep for either ZTR will be small. Oil, filter and plugs. The commercial will have an added cost of around 5 quarts of oil for a hydro oil change. Should only have to do one for the small amount of yard you have. Keep all your receipts and put them in a folder with your manuals. It will make your mower worth $200 to $300 more having all of your documentation. Even if you do it yourself still keep all the receipts. I like to mark the hour meter time on the receipt so everyone knows when it was done.

B

bertsmobile1

Costs on commercials is dearer than on residentials.
Commercials use better spindle bearings either 6300 series or tapered rollers.
Commercials use thicker heavier blades
Commercials have better castor bearings and axle bearings.
Commercials have better hydros, usually fitted with an external filter and drain plug.
The air filters are better ( most times ) and substantially more expensive.

BEcause these mowers are designed to be used by professionals who make money out of them they are designed to be fully serviced by people who will actually service them.

S

Scott S

Your needs are a push mower. Your want is a ZTR:laughing:. Either ZTR is over kill. One is 10 times more than you need and the other is 20 times more. Now as for value a commercial machine will always bring more money if not used commercially. From what I have seen on craigslist most ZTR's only loose around $500 to $1000 if they have low hours.
Cost for up keep for either ZTR will be small. Oil, filter and plugs. The commercial will have an added cost of around 5 quarts of oil for a hydro oil change. Should only have to do one for the small amount of yard you have. Keep all your receipts and put them in a folder with your manuals. It will make your mower worth $200 to $300 more having all of your documentation. Even if you do it yourself still keep all the receipts. I like to mark the hour meter time on the receipt so everyone knows when it was done.

You make good points. Due to time constraints, I need to be able to mow the lawn as quickly as possible which is why I am getting a ZTR vs. a lawn tractor or a push mower. That being said, you're correct.............I want the Titan, but I really can't justify the extra money plus the potential higher repair costs.

I believe I'll just go with a residential ZTR which will suffice for my situation.

And, I agree with your remarks regarding the documentation.

Thank you.

Have a similar situation, my local Toro Dealer has a new ZX4800, they have marked down, I can get it for even less that $3999.

They will do a trade for my Toro Timecutter SS 4260 w/ Kaw FR engine. I have only 60 hours on mine since Aug 2014 & it's all documented, in my folder. My mower I bought new from them. And I wax it.

This would be my chance to upgrade to entry level Commercial, not that I need it. But it seems I want it. Main reason is wanting something built to last, hoping to have for long time.

I do all my own service work.

Guess it depends on how much they will give for mine in trade.

Appreciate any Expert input, good or bad.

S

Scott S

Have a similar situation, my local Toro Dealer has a new ZX4800, they have marked down, I can get it for even less that $3999.

They will do a trade for my Toro Timecutter SS 4260 w/ Kaw FR engine. I have only 60 hours on mine since Aug 2014 & it's all documented, in my folder. My mower I bought new from them. And I wax it.

This would be my chance to upgrade to entry level Commercial, not that I need it. But it seems I want it. Main reason is wanting something built to last, hoping to have for long time.

I do all my own service work.

Guess it depends on how much they will give for mine in trade.

Appreciate any Expert input, good or bad.

Well, I'm no expert, however, I did end up buying the ZX4800 for $3999 and have no regrets. It is a beast for my 1 acre and should last for many years. It cuts evenly and is a solid machine. I have cut my lawn three times and have 2.5 hours on it. My only concern is that it smokes for about 30 seconds (blue smoke) when first started if it hasn't been started in over a day. It can't be beat for that price. If you can get it for less than $3999, I would certainly buy it. It is an entry level commercial mower.

I'm interested in the price you can get it for because I was able to get it at $3999 because I purchased it from the largest Toro dealer in the U.S.A. and he used his clout with Toro and bought two truckloads of 2016 ZX4800's so he could discount them at $1400 off the $5300 MSRP. I checked the tag on the mower and mine was manufactured in May 2016 so I know it's a current model. I wonder how your local dealer can sell 2016 models for even less.

G

gainestruk

Smoke is probably no big deal, be sure and run at wide open throttle that will break the rings in and also how it was designed for proper cooling.

S

Scott S

Smoke is probably no big deal, be sure and run at wide open throttle that will break the rings in and also how it was designed for proper cooling.

Thanks!!!:smile:

Well, I'm no expert, however, I did end up buying the ZX4800 for $3999 and have no regrets. It is a beast for my 1 acre and should last for many years. It cuts evenly and is a solid machine. I have cut my lawn three times and have 2.5 hours on it. My only concern is that it smokes for about 30 seconds (blue smoke) when first started if it hasn't been started in over a day. It can't be beat for that price. If you can get it for less than $3999, I would certainly buy it. It is an entry level commercial mower.

I'm interested in the price you can get it for because I was able to get it at $3999 because I purchased it from the largest Toro dealer in the U.S.A. and he used his clout with Toro and bought two truckloads of 2016 ZX4800's so he could discount them at $1400 off the $5300 MSRP. I checked the tag on the mower and mine was manufactured in May 2016 so I know it's a current model. I wonder how your local dealer can sell 2016 models for even less.

Scott- Congrats on your new machine :thumbsup: I won't get a chance for a real close up inspection till later this week on this ZX4800, it may be a 2015. Or maybe it's because I bought & buy all my equipment from them ? Either way I'll post up about it. You do realize the ZX4800 is a Close out model sale special. No more ZX4800 models.

Thanks for the feedback on yours.

As to your smoke, I agree with only 2.5 hours on yours, the engine is far from being broke in. I'd recommend on checking the oil before each use.

S

Scott S

Scott- Congrats on your new machine :thumbsup: I won't get a chance for a real close up inspection till later this week on this ZX4800, it may be a 2015. Or maybe it's because I bought & buy all my equipment from them ? Either way I'll post up about it. You do realize the ZX4800 is a Close out model sale special. No more ZX4800 models.

Thanks for the feedback on yours.

As to your smoke, I agree with only 2.5 hours on yours, the engine is far from being broke in. I'd recommend on checking the oil before each use.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the close out on the ZX4800. I will be sure and check the oil before each use. Looking forward to hearing the update after you check it out this week.

I grew up always checking the oil on any equipment, before each use. Dad taught me that, or he'd kick my butt as a kid growing up.

Will let you know, once I get a good inspection done & we talk serious numbers.

B

Brucebotti

I grew up always checking the oil on any equipment, before each use. Dad taught me that, or he'd kick my butt as a kid growing up.

Will let you know, once I get a good inspection done & we talk serious numbers.

LOL, we must be related. My Dad was the same way. At least if we commit any serious crimes we can claim "mitigating circumstances" because we were "abused" at a young age...:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Bruce

Bruce- I knew there had to be more taught as I was. :laughing: It was a lesson I have never forgot. Which looking back about 1/2 a century, I'm glad he taught me right. :thumbsup:

Scott- After the 3 mows, how does it seem to be on using gas ? Course it will improve as you get it broke-in, but just curious, my current Toro TimeCutter has a Kawasaki.

OK, definitely 2016 model(s). They still have 8 of them left from their truck load, 6 still in shipping boxes. I test ran one today. I like it.

Cash price is $3799. (to me). But I'm negotiating to work my Timecutter into the deal. We are about $300. apart as of today.

I know the Owner & he would like to get mine to replace his personal much older base model TimeCutter, cause mine has all the bells & whistles + Kaw engine, totally documented, & still has a year of warranty left with only about 60 hours on the meter.

S

Scott S

Bruce- I knew there had to be more taught as I was. :laughing: It was a lesson I have never forgot. Which looking back about 1/2 a century, I'm glad he taught me right. :thumbsup:

Scott- After the 3 mows, how does it seem to be on using gas ? Course it will improve as you get it broke-in, but just curious, my current Toro TimeCutter has a Kawasaki.

I was able to cut my lawn 4 times (3.8 hours on the meter) and still had a little left. Not a lot, but enough where it didn't run out of gas.

Scott

S

Scott S

OK, definitely 2016 model(s). They still have 8 of them left from their truck load, 6 still in shipping boxes. I test ran one today. I like it.

Cash price is $3799. (to me). But I'm negotiating to work my Timecutter into the deal. We are about $300. apart as of today.

I know the Owner & he would like to get mine to replace his personal much older base model TimeCutter, cause mine has all the bells & whistles + Kaw engine, totally documented, & still has a year of warranty left with only about 60 hours on the meter.

That's a great price. $200 less than what I paid.

Thanks for info on your usage. Sounds good. Soon you will be ready for the early oil change, it's 10 hours on my Kaw.

The price point is moot, since I will only do the deal with mine in trade. I've been studying the engine

The Confidant is a fairly new Engine from Kohler, announced on Oct 21, 2013 to be ready for 2014 & going, latest versions have EFI.

Kohler Engines introduces its Confidant engine series. This vertical-shaft, V-twin engine line was carefully designed to meet the unique needs of both commercial equipment users and property owners.

• Encompasses four models ranging from 19 to 25 hp
  • Recoil and electric start options are available,
  • Can be easily customized by OEMs for a variety of applications, including wide-area walk-behind and stand-on mowers, ZTRs, and high-end garden tractors
  • Includes cast-iron cylinder liner to protect the engine in extreme operating conditions, dual-seal air filter to keep debris out of the engine; and high-torque inertia drive started with extra-large output for quick, reliable starting
  • Pressure lubrication keeps critical parts protected
  • Features Kohler’s PRO Performance Filtration package, a heavy-duty professional filtration bundle that includes a 3,500 cm[SUP]2[/SUP] air filter, a 6.5 gram oil filter, and a 9-12 micron fuel filter
  • Includes Quiet Cam technology which consists of a rounded cam lobe and solid nylon gear that work together to help reduce sound levels
  • Optional cyclonic air filter is a heavy-duty filter that provides multiple stages of filtration for engine protection
  • Cyclonic filter screens air at the intake port, then enters a cleaning chamber where it is circulated in a rapid, cyclonic motion to remove larger contaminants
  • Specialty filter, which can be used in combination with a pre-cleaner, then removes any remaining contaminants to ensure only clean air enters the engine
  • High-impact nylon shroud and valve cover protect internal components when mowing around bushes and branches, and chopper grass screen guard prevents grass and debris build-up

S

Scott S

Thanks for all of the info on the Kohler.

Ur welcome Scott.

O

optical_man

I have just under an acre of mostly level grass to cut.

Hi, I was in a a similar situation wondering what to get for my lawn. (I have just under an acre as well.) Earlier this spring, I wound up buying the Toro Titan MX4800 (like the ZX, but with wider tires and a suspension seat)

I used to use a push mower that took me hours to mow. I gave that up and had a contractor mow my lawn for a couple of years. But, I was never really happy with two things: 1) The timing of when it was mowed to coordinate watering and fertilizer treatments, and 2) the quality of the job. Now mowing it by myself this season, I have the best looking lawn in the neighborhood! I mow it when I want with hardly any effort and time. I find it a joy now! It is actually fun to do and I find it to be a major stress reliever from my hectic day job. It was worth the extra money for me.

Mine doesn't smoke at startup. I wonder if you are using too much choke? If it's hot outside, I found that the choke is not even needed. If it's cold, I just pull it up half way and then push it back down after a few seconds of starting. Also, I put the throttle at half way when turning the ignition.

I haven't paid close attention to gas usage, but the rule of thumb that I've been using seems to be holding true where I get at least 5 hours per tank.

I hope you enjoy your Toro as well!

S

Scott S

Hi, I was in a a similar situation wondering what to get for my lawn. (I have just under an acre as well.) Earlier this spring, I wound up buying the Toro Titan MX4800 (like the ZX, but with wider tires and a suspension seat)

I used to use a push mower that took me hours to mow. I gave that up and had a contractor mow my lawn for a couple of years. But, I was never really happy with two things: 1) The timing of when it was mowed to coordinate watering and fertilizer treatments, and 2) the quality of the job. Now mowing it by myself this season, I have the best looking lawn in the neighborhood! I mow it when I want with hardly any effort and time. I find it a joy now! It is actually fun to do and I find it to be a major stress reliever from my hectic day job. It was worth the extra money for me.

Mine doesn't smoke at startup. I wonder if you are using too much choke? If it's hot outside, I found that the choke is not even needed. If it's cold, I just pull it up half way and then push it back down after a few seconds of starting. Also, I put the throttle at half way when turning the ignition.

I haven't paid close attention to gas usage, but the rule of thumb that I've been using seems to be holding true where I get at least 5 hours per tank.

I hope you enjoy your Toro as well!

I appreciate your reply. I will try adjusting the choke and throttle when I start it up. I have noticed it is smoking less when I start it now and sometimes not at all. I really like my Toro. It gives a nice, even cut and is solid. It flies on full throttle and cuts the cutting time down to under an hour. I'm not sure I can get 5 hours on a tank of gas, but then again I haven't tried. Currently, I have a lot of leaves falling so it's a bit tough to just see what it will look like in the spring and summer seasons, but, as of now, I really love this thing. The only suggestion I would have for Toro is to make the hose for draining the oil a bit longer to make the process a little easier.

Take care.

O

optical_man

I know what you mean about the oil hose. I thought the same thing, but upon changing the oil, I found it not as bad as I expected. I managed to find a perfect container to catch the oil without having to hold it. That way I could use both hands to loosen the plug and direct the initial surge into the container without needing 3 hands.

Another nugget of information to achieve a clean cut every time is to sharpen your blades often. I sharpen them every 6 hours. I suppose every 8 hours would do if the conditions aren't very dry. I bought a spare set so that each swap-out is quick. I'm using stock blades which seem good enough for me. I've read about some 3rd party blades out there that claim better performance, but I don't have any 1st hand experience to know if it would be better or worse for my mower. I do know that in order for the bearings to last a long time is that the blades need to be balanced properly. The old nail on the wall just isn't accurate enough. Probably overkill, but I splurged for one of the more expensive balancing units - the Magna-Matic MAG-1000. Video: MAG-1000 VS. the Nail

S

Scott S

I know what you mean about the oil hose. I thought the same thing, but upon changing the oil, I found it not as bad as I expected. I managed to find a perfect container to catch the oil without having to hold it. That way I could use both hands to loosen the plug and direct the initial surge into the container without needing 3 hands.

Another nugget of information to achieve a clean cut every time is to sharpen your blades often. I sharpen them every 6 hours. I suppose every 8 hours would do if the conditions aren't very dry. I bought a spare set so that each swap-out is quick. I'm using stock blades which seem good enough for me. I've read about some 3rd party blades out there that claim better performance, but I don't have any 1st hand experience to know if it would be better or worse for my mower. I do know that in order for the bearings to last a long time is that the blades need to be balanced properly. The old nail on the wall just isn't accurate enough. Probably overkill, but I splurged for one of the more expensive balancing units - the Magna-Matic MAG-1000. Video: MAG-1000 VS. the Nail

I agree with keeping the blades sharp for an even cut. However, doing it myself is a bit above my skill set when it comes to properly balancing and sharpening. I looked at the video link and to balance them you need the balancer and a grinder (lots of money for both pieces of Magna-matic equipment). It may not be as cost effective in the long run, but I may be better off (stress wise) to just take them to be sharpened and balanced and replacing them occasionally with new ones.

Congrats to both of you. ZX & The MX are very solid machines.

In my case, Seems I don't think I can bear to let my Kawasaki engine Timecutter 4260 go. It only takes me 28-35 minutes mowing anyhow. I got interested in upgrading just because of the reduced price.

Scott-
the more you use yours the more the rings will seat etc.

B

bertsmobile1

I agree with keeping the blades sharp for an even cut. However, doing it myself is a bit above my skill set when it comes to properly balancing and sharpening. I looked at the video link and to balance them you need the balancer and a grinder (lots of money for both pieces of Magna-matic equipment). It may not be as cost effective in the long run, but I may be better off (stress wise) to just take them to be sharpened and balanced and replacing them occasionally with new ones.

Oregon make a plastic one, about $ 5.00.
Most places used a nail hammered into the wall dead square.
Good enough for the average home owner who mows a few hours a week.
The easiest way to sharpen is with a flap disk on an angle grinder, about $ 15.00 and if you are poverty struck a garbage Chinese grinder from HF or Wally's is about the same price.
Provided you do not run it for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Two or more sets of blades, one on the mower & the others sharpened & balanced ready to go on.
Dead easy to do and a lot faster in the long run because as sure as poo is brown the one day you have to mow the grass, you will hit a brick & bend a blade, with just not enough time to get to the shop to get a new one but enough time to pass the cop 10 m/hr over the speed limit.

S

Scott S

Oregon make a plastic one, about $ 5.00.
Most places used a nail hammered into the wall dead square.
Good enough for the average home owner who mows a few hours a week.
The easiest way to sharpen is with a flap disk on an angle grinder, about $ 15.00 and if you are poverty struck a garbage Chinese grinder from HF or Wally's is about the same price.
Provided you do not run it for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Two or more sets of blades, one on the mower & the others sharpened & balanced ready to go on.
Dead easy to do and a lot faster in the long run because as sure as poo is brown the one day you have to mow the grass, you will hit a brick & bend a blade, with just not enough time to get to the shop to get a new one but enough time to pass the cop 10 m/hr over the speed limit.

Thank you for that info. I think I'll give it a try.:smile:

S

Scott S

Congrats to both of you. ZX & The MX are very solid machines.

In my case, Seems I don't think I can bear to let my Kawasaki engine Timecutter 4260 go. It only takes me 28-35 minutes mowing anyhow. I got interested in upgrading just because of the reduced price.

Scott-
the more you use yours the more the rings will seat etc.

Well, if you're happy that's the name of the game and besides you can't go wrong because you've still got a good mower with the 4260 and nearly $4000.00 more in the bank.

Well, if you're happy that's the name of the game and besides you can't go wrong because you've still got a good mower with the 4260 and nearly $4000.00 more in the bank.

Thank You, Yes I am. I was losing sleep about this deal :confused2:. Least I test drove one. Actually I would have only been out about $2,200. with mine in trade. And if I never saw the ZX reduced price, it would have never entered my mind.
Mine is now put up for winter (due to the drought as well), I prepped it yesterday, serviced, & cleaned it up thoroughly, & it has a good coat of wax over it, I always wipe that off in the spring. :thumbsup: That's also when I put back on my sharpened & balanced blades.

PS: I use only 100% gas here, I avoid the ethanol blend stuff.

S

Scott S

Thank You, Yes I am. I was losing sleep about this deal :confused2:. Least I test drove one. Actually I would have only been out about $2,200. with mine in trade. And if I never saw the ZX reduced price, it would have never entered my mind.
Mine is now put up for winter (due to the drought as well), I prepped it yesterday, serviced, & cleaned it up thoroughly, & it has a good coat of wax over it, I always wipe that off in the spring. :thumbsup: That's also when I put back on my sharpened & balanced blades.

PS: I use only 100% gas here, I avoid the ethanol blend stuff.

I was really torn between the Gravely ZTX46 and the ZX4800. The Gravely was about $600.00 less, but, in the end, I went with the Toro because it was in an entirely different league due to it's commercial build and the $1400.00 discount. I really like it and have no regrets. I still have a few more mowing days left this season which will end just before Christmas and then I will service it for next Spring (oil change, blades, etc..). I only use 100% 89 octane gas (per the dealer's recommendation). I currently have 4.4 hours on it.

I was really torn between the Gravely ZTX46 and the ZX4800. The Gravely was about $600.00 less, but, in the end, I went with the Toro because it was in an entirely different league due to it's commercial build and the $1400.00 discount. I really like it and have no regrets. I still have a few more mowing days left this season which will end just before Christmas and then I will service it for next Spring (oil change, blades, etc..). I only use 100% 89 octane gas (per the dealer's recommendation). I currently have 4.4 hours on it.

I'd say you made the right choice. Built like a tank too, enjoy that baby. I don't know much about Gravelys. But the professional mower guys around here are on Toro Z-Masters. And my neighbor has one & also works at our local dealer, so I have mowed on his, but that one weighs I believe 1,100 lbs. Where mine is 500 lbs, & yours is only like 740 lbs.

The 89 Octane is helpful for your Kohler Confidant, since it runs over 9:1 compression ratio, & 100% gas is best anyhow. 4.4 hours, maybe you will get your early oil change yet this year.. On my Kawasaki it specs for 1st oil change at 8 hours, I always change the filter as well. Filters are cheap compared to engines.. I'm only at 63.6 hours since 8/21/14.

S

Scott S

I'd say you made the right choice. Built like a tank too, enjoy that baby. I don't know much about Gravelys. But the professional mower guys around here are on Toro Z-Masters. And my neighbor has one & also works at our local dealer, so I have mowed on his, but that one weighs I believe 1,100 lbs. Where mine is 500 lbs, & yours is only like 740 lbs.

The 89 Octane is helpful for your Kohler Confidant, since it runs over 9:1 compression ratio, & 100% gas is best anyhow. 4.4 hours, maybe you will get your early oil change yet this year.. On my Kawasaki it specs for 1st oil change at 8 hours, I always change the filter as well. Filters are cheap compared to engines.. I'm only at 63.6 hours since 8/21/14.

I don't think I'll actually hit the benchmark for the first oil change by December, but I'll change it nonetheless. I will also include a new oil filter. I'll sharpen the blades and clean it up and then store it for the winter.

I don't think I'll actually hit the benchmark for the first oil change by December, but I'll change it nonetheless. I will also include a new oil filter. I'll sharpen the blades and clean it up and then store it for the winter.

Scott- Sounds like a good plan. That will get the "break-in" oil out. And new filter is very good, since new engines do most of their initial scrubbing-in, in that time frame.

And after approx 50 hours yours will be fully broken-in.

Yours doesn't seem to be revving too high, does it ? Local Dealer tells me that a ZX5400 blew an engine, (which they replaced, of course) believed to me from max rev set a bit too high. Just passing it on.

S

Scott S

Scott- Sounds like a good plan. That will get the "break-in" oil out. And new filter is very good, since new engines do most of their initial scrubbing-in, in that time frame.

And after approx 50 hours yours will be fully broken-in.

Yours doesn't seem to be revving too high, does it ? Local Dealer tells me that a ZX5400 blew an engine, (which they replaced, of course) believed to me from max rev set a bit too high. Just passing it on.

Thank you for the info. I haven't noticed any unusual issues with the engine. Going to use it a bit today to mow some fescue so I'll be sure and listen closely.

I'm thinking this was a very isolated incident, but figured I'd let you know anyhow, since it has same engine.

Enjoy your machine.

B

bruno812

The Oklahoma dealer now has zx5400 (74862) for $4499. These are also 2016 closeout models. Looking around that also has to be a pretty good deal. I am not sure if they are going that fast but telling me i need to get it in the next day or two.

I would really love to have a Ferris but sure a lot of money for 1.5 acre. Anyone else got something better i need to check out?

Thanks,
Bruno

What size engine does the ZX5400 have ? That does sound like a smoking hot deal.

BlazNT

BlazNT

That is a really good deal. Jump on that.

B

bruno812

What size engine does the ZX5400 have ? That does sound like a smoking hot deal.

23 HP 747cc Kohler Commercial confidant with HD canister air cleaner. Extra 2% off for CASH.

Digging up some cans in the back yard now.

23 HP 747cc Kohler Commercial confidant with HD canister air cleaner. Extra 2% off for CASH.

Digging up some cans in the back yard now.

Cool, Dealer gets charged 2-3% for credit card deal. Cash gets the best deals. I can't remember where I buried mine at tho ? :thumbsup:

B

bruno812

The Oklahoma dealer now has ZX5400 (74862) for $4499. These are also 2016 closeout models. Looking around that also has to be a pretty good deal. I am not sure if they are going that fast but telling me i need to get it in the next day or two.

I picked up the ZX5400 Friday for $4400 2% off for Cash. I was wondering about installing a recycle kit. They seem fairly high $235. but that includes new set of mulch blades. Any comments on how well the mulch kits DO or DONT work?

Congrats on the new Hot Rod. :thumbsup: Neighbor has a Toro Z-Master, & got a mulch kit when it was new. he removed it after cutting one lawn. Said it just clogged up everything underneath.

Your results may vary. I know I don't want one, my Toro cuts the grass so fine it doesn't seem necessary to me anyhow.

B

bruno812

Congrats on the new Hot Rod. :thumbsup: Neighbor has a Toro Z-Master, & got a mulch kit when it was new. he removed it after cutting one lawn. Said it just clogged up everything underneath.

Your results may vary. I know I don't want one, my Toro cuts the grass so fine it doesn't seem necessary to me anyhow.

Thanks for the information. When the grass greens up i will try it without the mulch kit and see what it looks like.