Export thread

TORO Recycler losing oil - not from oil tube

I

idriv442

I just purchased this Toro used. I t was cleaned and dried by previous owner. I brought it home and filled the gas and topped off the oil. About 20 minutes goes by using it and I see oil leaking out the side of the motor. I have attached pictures. Do I need to pull it apart or is this an easy fix. I tried searching, but mostly found oil tube leaks.

Motor: Tecumseh 195cc
Model LV195EA

Attachments

reynoldston

reynoldston

The best way to find a oil leak is start with a very good cleaning. Then run it and keep watch around the area of the leak to find it.

B

bertsmobile1

And while it is till damp a good dusting with talcum powder or something similar.
Let it dry off so when you start up you will have a nice white coating for the oil to bleed through.

I

idriv442

It was clean and dry to start. The oil is coming from above the threads in the picture.

Attachments

reynoldston

reynoldston

It was clean and dry to start. The oil is coming from above the threads in the picture.

New crankcase gasket time. You will have to remove the engine from the mower frame for this repair.

I

idriv442

Thanks.
Now to get one ordered. Anyone have a part number?

Boobala

Boobala

Thanks.
Now to get one ordered. Anyone have a part number?

Here's the place for your manual........ http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/tecumseh/verticalengines.html

You can find what you need in here, DON"t expect the tech's here to do ALL the work you can do for yourself !

I

idriv442

Thanks, I actually already have it ordered and in the mail. Just waiting for it to show up.

C

cdestuck

While youre tearing it down, I'd stick in the oil seal at the bottom of the engine

Is that a scratch on engine side you have circled or a crack ?