Export thread

Toro Mower - Pull cord seems jammed.

S

SharonL

I took my Toro Model #20070 recycle mower out of the shed after two years of not using it; only to find that it does not work at all! The electric start no longer works even after charging for 2 days, so I tried to start it with the pull cord ------NOPE that didn't work either, in fact it seems to be jammed ( of course I have never used it before since I had an electric start). I took off the cover to reveal the pull cord mechanism which pulled fine until I attached it back in place then it jammed again. Next step: I turned the mower over to clean old built-up dried grass. The blade moves partly in both directions but not in a full circle. I don't know what else to do!!! Can anyone offer any advice - please!!!

SharonL

I

ILENGINE

Remove spark plug and then try to turn it. Maybe you have gas or oil in the cylinder causing a hydrolock issue.

D

Darryl G

Is there a blade brake on this mower? A lever you need to pull and hold in order to start it. Sometimes people forget about that after not using their mower for a while.

S

SharonL

Is there a blade brake on this mower? A lever you need to pull and hold in order to start it. Sometimes people forget about that after not using their mower for a while.
Thanks --- Yes, It does have a blade brake and I did try holding it down while pulling the cord but still nothing. The cord still won't pull out except very slightly.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Remove spark plug and then try to turn it. Maybe you have gas or oil in the cylinder causing a hydrolock issue.

Do this. :thumbsup: