Toro 345 Groundsmaster Parts

red35xx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is anyone aware of locations of used parts for Toro Groundsmaster? I have a Toro 345 with the Ford VSG4131 engine. It is a distributorless ignition so only uses a coil pack. I do not have spark at the plugs. So could be a safety switch, crank timing module or ECM. I checked the coil pack for resistance and they are weak but instead of purchasing new, would like to find a used unit so to keep the expenses low. Does anyone have information of any one or business that has the used Groundsmaster for parts. There were enough of them sold but I can not locate used parts except on amazon or ebay. Thanks for any leads or info.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, here is a service manual for your unit so you can pinpoint the cause of your problem before throwing $$$$ and parts at it. Second, buying second hand parts is the same as purchasing them from FleaBay or AutoScam. It’s a crap shoot and you never know what you are getting, especially with carbs and electrical components. 95% of the experienced on this site wouldn’t touch them. If you insist on going that route I would expect to be sorry. If you still want to go the used route I would start by doing the leg work and contact the local golf courses and large landscapers within 100 miles of you and see if they have any scrape units laying around.

red35xx

Forum Newbie
Threads
You mentioned service manual....did not see it.

DaveTN

Threads
Hi Red and thanks Rivets. I just dragged home a freebie 325D
circa mid 90s Groundsmaster. I think it weighed about 1600 lbs.
Previous owner got it from a local golfcourse but it ran.
When unloading it the mower fell & screw-on hydro filter
snapped and there she sat by the shed for several years. Got
Diesel running great and just removed hydro filter housing. I’ve only
seen a few of those mowers here over the years. Very few used
ones here in East TN. I needed the manual too, Thanks again.
Model # 30788 At this point no hydraulics work at all.
* UPDATE: 12/02/23 Got the Hydro working this week as we
bypassed the filter and connected a cross hose to test the Hydro
units and all work, steering, lift etc. Working on brake cables now.
UPDATE: 12/23/23 New Brake Cables installed, lubed up, she’s
ready to hibernate for the winter.

Last edited: