Toro 20333 vibration

ellaryk

Threads
My Toro vibrates quite a bit when the blade is NOT engaged. Engaging the blade stops the vibration. This may have begun after I tried to remove the clutch cover to clean behind it. I couldn't figure out how to get it off (the manual doesn't explain how). Replacing the blade didn't fix this, and it wouldn't since it vibrates when the blade is not turning.

Any advice on either of these problems would be appreciated.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Toro vibrates quite a bit when the blade is NOT engaged. Engaging the blade stops the vibration. This may have begun after I tried to remove the clutch cover to clean behind it. I couldn't figure out how to get it off (the manual doesn't explain how). Replacing the blade didn't fix this, and it wouldn't since it vibrates when the blade is not turning.

Any advice on either of these problems would be appreciated.

Crankshaft is probably bent. I'm sorry for your loss

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I highly doubt that you have a bent crankshaft on a 20333, unless you hit something so hand that this mower flew out of your hands. More than likely when you tried to clean it, you didn't get it back together properly. This BBC setup can be very tricky for the novice. I suggest you take it to a Toro shop, explain what you did and have them assemble it properly.