Took delivery of new Raptor today..

RetiredGuns

Threads
Been looking at ZTs for about a month now and researched until I had sore fingers. Thought I was settled on a Toro MX, but the Landscape center 4 minutes from my house became a Hustler dealer this Monday. I went and looked at them yesterday and decided to buy a Raptor. Got a 10% military discount to boot. I had my first mow tonight and after 14 years on a lawn tractor it was definitely "different".
I'm an Engineer so the mechanics were not too odd, but the speed & sensitivity will take a few hours to get used to. What I really like is that I can cut my grass a bit lower with absolutely no bogging of the motor. I have been cutting my lawn with a 42" Cub for 8 years and while it has performed very well, it will bog down when the grass is long. The Raptor sailed along without a hitch. The cut was nice and it throws the grass much further than the Cub.
I love the quiet KW motor. My Cub's Kohler was loud as hell and I won't miss it. I was a bit concerned about the Raptor 42" spinning at 16,700, but compared to the Cub it was night & day. I think a 42" ZT with a good motor & deck is just fine at these specs. My neighbors took instance notice of my new ride & now have "mower envy" :^)

Seems like a well built machine and at $2500 I don't think I could have done better.

raptor1.jpg
raptor2.jpg
raptor3.jpg
raptor4.jpg
raptor5.jpg
raptor6.jpg

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Welcome to the Hustler fan club,for your needs you got just what you need,after all,isn't that the best outcome!:thumbsup: Nice pics too!

kadowson

Threads
Sweet ride! The 42" Raptor is what I originally went looking for but my dealer in Petersburg sold me the 52" for only $100 more than the 42" so I pulled the trigger with the 0%-48 month offer. I believe we will start seeing more "yellow mowers" in Illinois. I served in the Corps as well so Semper Fi!

RetiredGuns

Threads
Even after I finally decide what to purchase and own something, it takes a while before I am fully confident in the purchase. I started out looking at the ZTs in the big stores, but they just didn't seem worth the price. After 7-8 mows with the Hustler I am indeed confident. Every time I go somewhere that has ZTs I check them out. Today at Farm & Fleet I looked at, sat on and checked out a few CC ZTs and a Troybilt. While not bad per say, the levers, adjustments, etc.. felt nowhere near as smooth as the Hustler. All except one were more expensive as well. Briggs & Kohlers too.
I think the Raptor is a bargain at $2799 and with the military discount bringing it to $2519, it seems a steal.

I did find a nice high back seat with arm rests and slider on sale for $109. Going to think about that.