Tire pressure

DonUp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new Ventrac 4231 TD with dual wheels, 72 inch deck and a vacuum collection system. It seems to list to the right side. How much air should be in each tire?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a new Ventrac 4231 TD with dual wheels, 72 inch deck and a vacuum collection system. It seems to list to the right side. How much air should be in each tire?

Send Ventrac (member on the forum) a PM -- he will be able to ask engineers at Ventrac that question.

I'm not familiar with the vacuum system - usually with duals, I run 8 inside and 6 outside.

Check out our Ventrac forum threads.

Ventrac

Threads

Welcome to the Ventrac team Donup! :thumbsup:

In the owners manual it states:
Tractor Tire Pressure
Single Tires - Inflate all tires to 15 psi.
Dual Wheels - Inflate inner tires to 15 psi and outer
tires to 6-8 psi.

If you are having problems with it leaning to the right side (side with the engine on the vac system) you can get a half-set of duals for just the right side to increase your surface area there. I have never had problems with it leaning to the right if tires are inflated properly, but it will vary if you are going on any slopes, have a full hopper with heavy wet grass, or on really soft ground. The duals on the right side would eliminate any issues you may be having if the proper pressure in the regular set of tires is not sufficient.

Post some pictures of your new Ventrac!