tire pattern differences

LandN

Threads
I have a 22" john deere js46 wb mower, self propelled, rear wheel drive. the LEFT FRONT and RIGHT REAR tires are slicks while the RIGHT FRONT and LEFT REAR tires have equal amount of minimal thread left. i'm wondering whats up with the differences? my mowing patterns and pavement running are never the same. thanks for your time.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will assume you are saying they have worn into that arrangement...
If so, you are turning circles with it and over time have scrubbed away the tires... swap them around OR reverse your circles... :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
hey kenny, when CHANGING DIRECTIONS i general 'wheelie' the mower around so as not to 'wear' or put 'undue pressure' on the front wheel bearings.so the only contact would be the actual grass blades/weeds during a (semi) scrubbing turn.....and on the back wheels during a turn-a-round wouldn't the back tires sort of act like a zt mower(inside tire direction is opposite of outside tire direction)and at this point i can understand the extra mileage of the outside tire over the inside tire wear-out difference. i try to change mowing habits enough, but maybe not enough to have the wear differences. maybe i should watch the wife and check her mowing habits.its only 2 years old so i'll wait til spring and change them. thanks for your time.:biggrin: