They're multiplying!

custom1

Threads
The St110 I've had for years. The 2 St120s I picked up recently to make one good one. One had no reverse and one had a broken transaxle case. I got the reverse gears and chain out of it to fix the other one. Using the best of the two decks. Almost all back together. Just in time, the grass is getting high.

custom1

Threads
After I got one of the St120s together and took it for a test mow, I found that the blades slowed down in slightly higher grass. The deck I was using has very sharp mulching blades on it. The blades have a fairly high "wing " on them. Would those blades cause the slowing down? Or do I have a problem with the electric PTO clutch? I will have to try it again tonight and make sure the belt is not slipping. What is the proper way to adjust the PTO? I think it has three bolts around the outside to adjust it. I also have a spare PTO I can take off of the parts 120. I also have a set of straight blades I can put on if I have to.

John

custom1

Threads
I got it sorted out. The pivot was rusted and the spring wasn't pulling the pulley back far enough to take the slack out of the belt. It was raining when I got it back together, so I didn't get to try it, but it should be good.

John