Tecumseh OHV125

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float needle is bad, not seating properly.

bwestbrook

Threads
That's the third needle and seat I have put in this carb just to fix this problem. All OEM. Gotta love Tecumseh.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If I were you I would take the carb to your local small engine shop and ask them to do a pressure check on your carb. The float should hold 8-9 pounds. Hopefully someone in your area has a pressure tester.

bwestbrook

Threads
I have a pressure tester but I use it to test pressure/vac on crankcases. How exactly do I check that? Just connect it to fuel inlet? Vac or pressure? Of course vac I would have to hold it upside down.

My local small engine shop just said to adjust the float to where the fuel flow shuts off quicker. And if that doesn't work it would have to be replaced and he said good luck finding one. Which I have seen plenty on the Internet. this is why I tinker with them on my days off from the fire station. I used to work at a small engine shop and I love it but I still have a lot to learn.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the carb off. Remove the float bowl. Hook the pressure gage to the fuel inlet. Tip the carb outside down. Put 9 pounds of pressure on the gage. It should hold a minimum of 7 pounds without leaking down. If it leaks down you have found your problem.

bwestbrook

Threads
Still needle and seat. It leaks down to below 5 after about 2 minutes.

bwestbrook

Threads
Thanks for all of your help. The seat was good. But the needle was not the right fit. I noticed there are 2 different needles. One tapers down sharper than the other. I tried the other needle and tested it again and it held vacuum. But one thing I do know... Trying to find the correct setting on that carb is like trying to make a woman happy. Haha!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can fix the carb, but how do you KEEP a woman happy?:rolleyes: