Tecumseh Muffler

Mattmotors

Threads
Tecumseh on an Ariens HM80 155128C Serial 62160.
After 47 years I am replacing the muffler. I got it off no problem. I I watched some you tube videos and they show Never Seize being applied to the bolts. The Never Seize was copper based. My question is, don't copper and aluminum interact with each other in a bad way? (dissimilar metals) Or should I just bolt it on with out Never Seize and forget about it. Thanks , Matt.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never used Anti-seize on muffler bolts. I know others have, but not me.

Midnight_Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you're thinking you'll be removing the muffler again then add the anti seize,;copper,silver,or nickel will suffice.. If you think you'll never ever be removing the muffler nuts or bolts then add anti seize in any color/type...

Lostviking

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tecumseh on an Ariens HM80 155128C Serial 62160.
After 47 years I am replacing the muffler. I got it off no problem. I I watched some you tube videos and they show Never Seize being applied to the bolts. The Never Seize was copper based. My question is, don't copper and aluminum interact with each other in a bad way? (dissimilar metals) Or should I just bolt it on with out Never Seize and forget about it. Thanks , Matt.
No by all means use the copper never seize, there will be no dissimilar reactions.. You'll be glad you used it...

WillieW

Forum Newbie
Threads
remember when using any antiseze to reduce your screw torque by 20%. avoid over torqing

Mattmotors

Threads
Thanks for all the input. After 47 years I was able to get the bolts out no problem. I put a new OEM muffler on and opted not to use any never seize. In 47 more years, I'll be 112. I will let the next guy worry about it.